Towards a New Economic Reality?
Old and new economy?
There were daily posts in the paper about the old and new economy, banking crisis, budget cuts. Is there an old and new economy? How would this transition affect citizens? And if there would be a new economy is, how can people prepare for this?
According to www.wikipedia.nl, the transition from the old economy to the new economy is the transition from an industrial and services-oriented economy to a technology-driven and globalizing economy. The new economy is based on ecology, economy and social. So also the use of renewable energy sources would be included. And the experience economy (for example tourism) become more important. And is there really a transition? Is the fundamental way in which we approach our lives different?
I don't think so, first of all, I find there is still spread of services and information place, just the way and speed is different. Faster, by technological developments. And on the other hand, I am curious about the technological developments in the health care, for example, whereby the way we approach our lives can change fundamentally. I Am for example thinking of nano technology. I think it is therefore too early to say that there would be a new economy. I think you could probably tell that there are changes, a new trend. It depends on these developments, whether there is a new economy. Now would be too early. Just say that there are cracks in the old economy I find too easy. I therefore propose to use the term new economic reality. It is the transition (transition) to a new era, in which the abundance and waste reduced is a reality, and it is dealt with the current talents and sources of people first of all. One of the developments is the emergence of local initiatives of entrepreneurs and consumers. For example, there are quickly becoming hubs of entrepreneurs set up for example in Amsterdam. These are forms of cooperation of independent entrepreneurs. The key tag is connectivity. Through connectivity driving added value created. More people know more than 1. Also the contacts a person has, for example at Linkedin or twitter, are becoming increasingly important. So who gives you what, this is more important, apart from the knowledge and skills of a person. This is also easier to influence by behaviour. This phenomenon I can see also among consumers. By uniting forces can consumers discounts at companies, such as insurance and for example energy. Energy is one of the areas in which new upheavals are expected. How we deal with our energy in the twenty-first century becomes in my opinion a fundamental issue for the future.
Saving in the new economy
For Tony, it was always nice that they could make ends meet. After a time out of work, he went to work as a traveling one day, touched them through her savings. And then what? For hard times it is useful if you save money. And one of the causes of the current problems in the economic recovery seems to be a shortage of money. Where to get the money come from?And with companies restructuring these are uncertain times, i think also ahead. The question is whether there is a lack of money, resources, or to creativity. A new standard of dealing with sources seems justified. So how do you deal with your resources? That's why do people I think the first thing for the hand appears: Save. This Is a fine strategy. There are other strategies? How can I save?
Save do we do money to put aside for later. What you need to put aside depends on your personal needs. At the end, how much money do you need up to? After your 50th anniversary it's hard to find a job. The motto is now saving, is investing in the future. Other things that can help save money:
A. Look carefully at your mortgage and energy bill. Are there other, cheaper providers?
B. Grow your own green food and care for a balanced mix with not too many sugars. matching benefit: it keeps you fit for a job.
C. Rent your home for a while
D. Go back at your parents live or through anti-squatting
E. Recycling and reuse. Eg less water and energy use
F. Siege in sensible financial products based on real value eg ground.
And by the emphasis on employability, it is helpful to save money behind for e.g. tuition fees. I personally feel rich when I can study. Enriched my world.So please do what you are good at and the difference will show, I think. People are smart in recognizing what is authentic. Does anyone see an accountant working as and a circus clown? Could be, if he plays his role, but the question in that case remains: For how many years? So my advice, please be authentic.
Job security is no longer there, though work security, there is (from: Marcel van Unen):
1. Entrepreneur is be Considered whenever you are bored with your current job, or the move to self-employment is a meaningful option. More and more people make that choice, even during an economic crisis.
2. Take note of other work if you're undereducated it makes sense to give it a go talk to friends or acquaintances who work in a sector other than you. Perhaps you could there other experience. It turns out that knowledge with other work environments contributes to sustainable employability. In other words, more likely on new work if you fired.
3. Own work creating highly trained, if you are, you can create your own work. Leaving room for the low-skilled among us again. You are now emerging to displace by the low-skilled workers to do the same work. Becomes something more creative.
4. Multiple small jobs delivers multiple small part-time jobs not directly accept more money on, but make sure that you can continue to earn your own income as one of your employers goes bankrupt. A larger part time job delivers a great risk, but paid in many cases better. The choice is yours.
5. Invest in labour market value only accept a temporary job if you win your new job and invest itself (with contribution from the employer) in the future. Orient you in advance so that may also be important in the future professions.Invest in training. That means that you need to put money on it for your own development. What is your labour market value?
6. Leave a sinking ship on time. if you feel that it ever went wrong at the company where you work, go on time looking for other work. The recommendations above should you have already retrieved.
7. Explore your chances if you now live in a big city, you may have less chance of job security. Not much you can do about that. If you know what you want to do in the future, yet it is always good to orient you to whether paid employment in your city is in the near future. Make sure that you knowingly explores your chances.
8. Invest in a healthy body and a clear mind. Keep an eye on your health. Try to work out and keep you mind on order. To create healthy employee more likely on a new job. Moreover, an illness can happen to you so. Do not live under a bell jar.
9. Work on your employability/ adaptability, with its various skills and flexibility.Your employability for example could be: What is your contribution to the firm? What does the firm need? What do you have that other people do not have, for example what education do you have?What would you like to do the rest of your life?Do not say: I am too old to learn, because then you probably find employers after low time also too old to work.
And another question I think is whether saving suits the new economy. How does this fit in a sustainable economy? I have shown you can set aside money for example for eduction and how. Is there a new economy? According to my opinion there has been a transition to a new economic reality. I see around me that people be more careful with money. An other reason for saving. I would say that now the time is right for wisely dealing with your money. Even if it is the case that technology changes so fast that you don't know whether you want the newer smartphone in two years. So my advice is invest in employability, deployability, save for the future and with the goal in mind, go for it. Work hard and before you know you have reached your goal. Think of the side roads, but don't delay. I think you'll be where you want to be before you know it.