Volunteering is people working together and on behalf of others towards a common cause without payment in order to improve the human quality of life. Get inspired to volunteer by this selection of Volunteer Quotes by Gandhi, Jimmy Carter,Bono and more.
Volunteer Quotes - Volunteer Service Quotes- Volunteer Appreciation Quotes
- Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.
- The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another.
- The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Service to others is the payment you make for your space here on earth.
- Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
- Everyone can be great because anyone can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't even have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve... You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love...
~Martin Luther King Jr
- No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it provides, it can never take the place of volunteers.
- Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men.
- I was taught that the world had a lot of problems; that I could struggle and change them; that intellectual and material gifts brought the privilege and responsibility of sharing with others less fortunate; and that service is the rent each of us pays for living, the very purpose of life and not something you do in your spare time or after you have reached your personal goals.
~Marian Wright Edelman
- Throughout my life, I've seen the difference that volunteering efforts can make in people's lives. I know the personal value of service as a local volunteer.
- I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.
- Volunteering can be an exciting, growing, enjoyable experience. It is truly gratifying to serve a cause, practice one's ideals, work with people, solve problems, see benefits, and know one had a hand in them.
- When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined.
- Service to a just cause rewards the worker with more real happiness and satisfaction than any other venture of life.
~Carrie Chapman Catt
- If you ever need a helping hand, it is at the end of your arm As you get older you must remember you have a second hand. The first one is to help yourself. The second hand is to help others.