- Gender and Relationships
10 Things Wives Can Do When Their Husbands Are Out of Town
In case you thought that this article will be about how to be naughty when your husband isn’t around, I am sorry to disappoint you. This is for wives who are left behind when their husbands have to travel without them for work. Although you may miss him, it’s best to keep busy and that way you won’t have to dwell on the missing him part so much. Here are ten suggestions that will help the time go by quicker till you can be with your sweetheart again
1) Have a girl’s night out. If you usually have a busy schedule with not much time to yourself, now’s the time to get together with those friends you haven’t seen in awhile. Make plans to go to breakfast, lunch or dinner with a group of friends, or maybe just one friend. Being with close friends is a good chance to experience a special kind of bonding woman to woman that we often don’t have time to do because of busy schedules that include spending time with husbands.
2) Have a girl’s night in. If you are short on funds, invite your girlfriend’s over instead of going out. Chip in for a pizza, have a bottle of wine or Pepsi and get a chance to relax and catch up on everyone’s lives.
3) Have a crafting day or evening. Do you always wish you had more time to work on crafts? Spend a day with your crafting materials all spread out around you and this is one time you won’t have to worry about picking everything up in an hour or two. If you are fortunate enough to be able to do this on a Saturday you can maybe keep your crafting supplies set up on the dining room table, or in the TV room overnight and have the whole weekend to work on it.
4) Sleep late. If you love to sleep late, but hubby’s up and at ‘em at dawn and unintentionally wakes you up earlier than you would like to be woken up, now’s your chance to enjoy the quiet and sleep in.
5) Have a pampering night. This is the perfect time to take that relaxing bubble bath, do your nails, dye your hair, use that facial mask, etc. without anyone needing to come in to use the bathroom, or knock on the door and ask where the batteries are.
6) Eat all your favorite foods without having to take anyone else’s likes and dislikes into consideration. If you love mushroom pizza, but he will only eat plain or pepperoni, now’s your chance to have it for dinner, and have the leftovers all to yourself the next day.
7) Watch all of your favorite TV shows…back to back. Do you love reality TV and he’s more of a sports or news fan? Do you love, “Say Yes to the Dress, ” and he rolls his eyes and asks you to watch Bill O’Reilly with him? While he’s away, enjoy some marathons of your favorite TV shows. Or rent some chick flicks to watch, nd you won’t even have to feel silly when the tears start rolling down your cheeks. No one will be there to see them except maybe your dog, and the dog won’t tell! You can even combine this with number 3 so you can craft WHILE watching all your favorite chick flicks.
8) Sleep in the middle of the bed! You won't have to worry about waking anyone else up, or pushing him out of bed by sleeping too close if you're the only one in it. Park yourself in the middle and enjoy.
9) Spend as much time as you want on the computer. Do you love Facebook but don’t have time to sit around chatting with friends online when hubby’s home? Do you enjoy playing computer games that he thinks are silly. Take advantage of this time you have to yourself and spend a few extra blissful hours surfing the net or playing games.
10) Write your husband a love letter and leave it in a place he’s bound to find it when he returns. Tell him how much you missed him, and mention some things that reminded you of him while he was away. Or you could also write some love notes and hide them around the house. When he does get home and finds them, he will know just how much you missed him and it will make him feel loved and appreciated.
If you have children, you may have to do some of these at night after they go to bed, or get a relative or babysitter to help you out. The important thing is to keep busy and do things that interest you, so you don’t miss your husband too much. Or can appreciate him that much more when he comes home after getting rested and relaxed while he's away.
What's Your Favorite thing to do When Your Husband is Out of Town?
More Articles for Married Folk
- 12 Reasons Why I Love My Husband
This is my second marriage to a wonderful man. 12 reasons why I love this man who gives me unconditional love.
- Rekindle the Romance With Your Spouse
Work and chores and kids can all get in the way of romance for married couples. Here are some ways to rekindle those early feelings of love!
- The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage: A Book Review
Dr. Laura Schlessinger's book is a marriage manual for those looking to improve their marriages. Her traditional views of marriage may be a bit hard to take for those with very feminist views.
© 2013 Karen Hellier