20 Things Wives Should Never Say to Their Husbands
Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband safely trusts her...
It's The Wives Turn
Since I just wrote an article on 20 things a husband should not say to his wife, I thought I would be fair and give a little advice to my fellow female friends. Women can be just as clueless and heartless as the men. Here is a list I have come up with based on personal experience (my mistakes), observing the healthy and unhealthy marriages of others, and doing a lot of reading on marriage. I'm putting these in categories, but many of them could fit in more than one. These are sure relationship busters if you use them often. Let this be a lesson to us, ladies.
1. "If you loved me you would ______."
2. "You don't love me, otherwise you would have done/not done it" (when your husband doesn't do something you ask or expect).
3. "So and so's husband does/doesn't do _______."
4. "You are so clueless."
5. "You're doing it all wrong."
6. "It can't be that hard to fix a _____(fill in the blank)."
7. "You look like such a dork in that _____". This can be said playfully with no ill intent and some husbands might chuckle along. It can also be said seriously and hurt his feelings.
Nagging to Convey Inadequacy
8. "You're supposed to love me as Christ loved the Church." This is a true statement; however, you can't nag someone into loving you that way.
9. "Husbands (or fathers) are supposed to ____(fill in the blank)." This is raising the bar of your expectations, and it's nagging.
10. "You're supposed to be the spiritual leader of the home, so why aren't you leading?" This is something between God and your husband. It's best to pray for him privately and be sure to do your part by respecting him.
11. "Why can't you just get another job (or ask for a raise)?"
"The contentions of a wife are a continual dripping."— Proverbs 19:13
Dividing Friends and Family
12. "Him again? He's such a pig (goon, jerk, dork, geek)," Said when your husband invites his best friend over.
13. "My mother (father or parents) warned me you'd do this."
14. Your mother (or father) is __________." The blank is always filled in with an unflattering or unkind name or character defect.
15. "You're just like your mother (father, sister, brother)." Not said in a complimentary way, it's insulting.
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you (Ephesians 4:32).
16. "I shouldn't have to tell (or ask) you. You should just know what I want (or think, or need)." Men are not mind readers, and they don't have women's intuition. They have men's intuition and the two aren't even close.
17. "Do I look fat in this?" No matter what he says it's going to be wrong and he'll be in trouble. So decide for yourself or ask a friend.
18. "I know I promised not to spend ____ (fill in the amount) without consulting you, but these were on sale and I saved $____." You don't like it when he does it to you.
19. "You always..." or "You never..." It may seem like always and never, it may be predictably common, but always and never are not always and never.
20. "Jennifer's husband just got a raise and he's only worked at his company for five years." Comparisons like this hit the husband below the belt.
Give It All You've Got
I will leave you with the same words I left with the men. Hopefully, your husband or boyfriend will the read the article on 20 Things a Husband Should Never Say to His Wife while you are reading this one. Once the gaga wears off in a marriage things get real. You notice things in your mate that you once found endearing, or that you'd never noticed before and irritate you. And the same is true for him seeing the real you. Loving each other requires both of you to put 100% of yourselves into the marriage (the 50/50 mindset is a recipe for problems). Actions speak louder than feelings and words. This means sacrifice. May you and your honey find many long years of happiness.
- 20 Things Husbands Should Never Say to Their Wives
How you communicate with your wife reflects your attitude toward her, your marriage, and your God given role as husband.