- Gender and Relationships»
Top 5 Thoughtful, Amazing, Wonderful, FREE Gifts to Give Your Lover
Showing You Care, Need Not Break the Bank!
Remember the Gift of the Magi? Where he sells his watch to buy her a comb and she sells her gorgeous, long hair to buy him a chain for his watch? When birthdays roll around we agonize over what the perfect gift is for our boyfriend or husband, our wife or girlfriend. We stress and plot and plan, but with the economy what it is and many people out of work, this desire to show our love and appreciation for our loved one can put undue stress on our emotions and our finances when money is scarce. Trust me, if they love you as much as you love them, they don't want you to stress expensive gifts and finances.
Never fear! Gifts need not be expensive to be meaningful and thoughtful. Here now are 5 wonderful, thoughtful gift ideas for your loved one that require little to no cash outlay and yet will be unforgettable, high impact gifts.
1) Love Coupons! Love coupons are a great gift because they can be personal, intimate and specific to you and your relationship. You can handwrite them on note paper, create them on your computer in a graphics or word processing program or find them online. Ideas for love coupons should be centered on your loved one's interests. i.e. if he loves Westerns you could make a love coupon that entitles him to an entire evening or weekend day of watching Westerns, being served meat and potatoes and letting him call you "Darlin". If she loves Chick-flicks, create a love coupon for an evening of Chick-Flicks and promise not to hold back the tears. A romantic massage or favorite home cooked meal makes a great coupon, or offering to let him be "right" about everything, for a day is another great idea (don't worry, you'll still know you're right inside!). Coupons can be created that offer to take his or her least favorite chore for a week. For those of us more adventurous, they can center around more intimate subjects, I'll let your imaginations wander :-)
2) Proclaim your Love Publicly, and Perhaps, Virally! This one is utterly free and beyond crazy thoughtful! Creating a Youtube is a wonderful way to let your loved one know that you love them. Can your rhyme well? Create a new song or rap featuring your loved one, record yourself singing it and upload it to Youtube. If you're not particularly creative, borrow a classic and simply create a video of yourself singing a love song and dedicate it to your partner. Some great suggestions for love songs are:
- "Without You" - David Guetta Featuring Usher
- "What Makes You Beautiful" - One Direction
- "Ours" - Taylor Swift
- "Love You Like a Love Song" - Selena Gomez
- "It Will Rain" - Bruno Mars
- "You Da One" - Rhianna
- "One Less Lonely Girl" - Justin Bieber
- "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
- "Love Story" - Taylor Swift
- "You are My Sunshine" - for those of us who can't sing!
These are just a small smattering of the available ballads. When you make your video, be outrageous and put it all out there. You only go around once - don't worry about being embarrassed. A small note of caution however, keep in mind that whatever you do will be out there for all to see, so keep it something you'd be proud of.
3) Create a Collage of Romantic, Memorable Photos - You know all those pics on your iPhone? Get them off the phone and create a collage. You can either, buy a multiple photo frame, or create a collage of them on poster board. I always note with sadness at funerals how the family of the deceased scrambles to make a photo collage for the service and wonder why we don't do this to celebrate life while we're living.
Now a lot of us have photo printers, but I've found that I can print my pictures even less expensively at CVS, Walgreens or the local drug store. You can edit the pictures on your computer before you print them, perhaps cropping in closer to the subject or enhancing the photo with the auto enhance features on most photo programs. Select the pictures you'd like to include, maybe some of you and your loved one, favorite family members, pets, or places you've been and send them for printing. Once you have them back, assemble them in a collage.
4) Write Your Story - How many of us have biographies? Not many I'd venture to say! Write your love story. This is the gift that keeps on giving and can be expanded and added to over the years. Write about how you first met, his background, your background. The hurdles you overcame to come together. Spend lots of time on what you appreciate most about him and your love. As years go by and your family grows, this gift can be passed down to your children.
This gift gives in so many ways. Just the act of writing down what it is you appreciate about your relationship and your partner has far reaching rewards. Focusing so intently on the things you love about your partner reinforces your relationship and brings you both closer. When you are writing your story, you'll find yourself looking at your partner and seeing the hero that they are in your eyes.
5) Happy Birthday Treasure Hunt - Create a series of clues that lead to your Birthday Surprise. The surprise might be a picnic in a park, a bottle of wine by the water, or a surprise party. The fun is in the clues! Leave one clue that leads to the next clue and so on and so on. For instance, Clue 1 might be on their pillow and read: "Roses are red, violets are blue, go to the scene of our first date, to find your next clue". Then leave the 2nd clue with the folks at the scene of your first date. Your 2nd clue might be "Remember the movies, our second date? Find Clue #2 at the gate. Leave Clue 2 at the box office. Clue 2 might read, "I love you so much with all my heart, Clue 3 you will find where we've seen great art". Then leave Clue #3 with the box office of your favorite art gallery or museum.
As you can see the possibilities are endless. Your treasure hunt could span the town or you can keep it to the confines of your house. Your clues can be longer than the examples here and remind them of why you love them as well as the treasure hunt.
The Best Gifts Are Free!
As you can see, a great gift need not be an expensive one. For more great ideas, visit http://best-top-10-list-for-husbands.com/top-10-things-you-can-do-today-to-improve-your-relationship/ If you have thoughtful gift ideas you'd like to share, please feel free to leave them in the comments!