10 Ways To Get Him To Notice You
A good friend of mine refers to me as her dating coach and believe it or not it’s for good reason. Truth be told I’ve never been married and it’s been at least 6 years since I was in a long-term committed relationship. Yes, I’ve been labeled a serial dater as well as a professional dater and neither of those titles bother me. I’m content with the fact that I know what I want and I have the patience to wait for it to come along. That said, I cannot advise you on marital matters or even relationship problems but what I do have is an interesting skill set and wealth of wisdom that I have gained through my many years of dating. In “coming into my own” as some would say, there are a few tricks of the trade that I’ve learned along the way. In this article I'll equip all of you single ladies out there with 10 Ways To Get Him To Notice You.
The first thing you must do if you want to be noticed is…
1. Place yourself in the best possible position to be seen. Admiring from a distance is cute but it isn’t practical if you’re actually trying to get him to notice you. For example, let’s say you spot a cute guy in the dairy aisle at the grocery store. Now, I know that you probably already have an entire gallon of milk at home but for the sake of being noticed, mosey on over and act like you don’t. This at least puts you in his view. It also gives you an opportunity to make sure the ring finger is empty. If the coast is clear… proceed to the next step.
2. Say Something/Make Conversation. Now that you’ve got his attention don’t just stand there like a dear in headlights, say hello. If hello is a bit too formal for you make casual conversation about things such as the weather or gas prices. Even if he’s shy, that’s sure to get some type of response out of him.
3. Make Eye Contact. In instances where you either don’t have the opportunity to stir up conversation or you just don’t have the guts to approach him, it is always acceptable to make eye contact. Don’t just give him a mediocre glance, you want to make sure he knows that you have your eye on him. Make an attempt to lock eyes with him for at least a few seconds. If the contact is anymore brief, he’ll assume that you’re just casing the room. Contrarily, if it last too long he might think you’re stalking, so use your best judgment on that. You don’t want to creep him out, but you definitely want him to know that you like what you see.
4. Flirt. For those of you who have either been out of the dating scene for a while or are just entering it, this will take some getting used to. The most basic flirting can be done by simply making eye contact and smiling. If you're really feeling confident you may want to try winking, but only do this if you presume him to be interested. Otherwise, you might cause yourself to appear desperate, and we definitely don’t want that ladies.
5. Compliment Him. Complimenting someone can be another form of flirting. Let’s face it, there isn’t a person on God’s green earth that doesn’t like a sincere compliment every now and then. Be sincere in whatever compliment you give and this will surely grab his attention.
6. Be Courteous. I know that as women we expect for men to be chivalrous at all times but men love women who show common courtesy and consideration for their feelings as well. If you’re walking ahead of him, make an extra effort to hold the door for him. Or...if he only has one item and you have 50, allow him to go ahead of you in the checkout line. Something like that will definitely make him look twice, and it might make a great conversation starter as well.
7. Go Solo. Though I love all of my friends, let’s face it, they are just as beautiful and fierce as I am. Ladies night out can be a ton of fun, but it can also be competitive and extremely intimidating to any gentleman interested in approaching you. Rather than marching in with an entire crew of beautiful friends, you'll be more noticed if you go at it alone. It's also been documented that a man is more likely to approach a woman who is alone rather than a group of women for fear of rejection or humiliation. That being the case, maybe it’s time that you hit the scene, church pew, or gym solo rather consistently traveling in packs.
8. Stroke His Ego on Facebook or other Social Networking Sites. Ok ladies, we know that men love to have their ego’s stroked. So…if you are seeking to be noticed by let's just say, a fellow facebook friend, there are very subtle ways to go about this. Constantly popping into his chat is NOT it. That will only annoy him. What I’d suggest is you randomly liking a picture/status here and there, commenting on a status that intrigues you, or liking a link. Again, this should only be done sporadically because you want him to be intrigued not overwhelmed.
9. Be Confident. Whatever you do ladies, be confident. There is nothing more unappealing than someone who lacks confidence; so from now on, it's Chin Up and Shoulders Back. You have nothing to be self conscious about. You are uniquely beautiful just as you are. Whatever your style, size, or shape, there is a man out there who has a taste for it.
10. Be Yourself. Believe it or not there is no one on this earth like you. You have been wonderfully made, so let your personality show. In the long run he'll appreciate meeting the real you rather than your representative. So don't exhaust your efforts attempting to be someone you're not. Who you are is more than enough. You are worthy of love and you are sufficient.
Alright single ladies, now that you have been equipped. I expect you to use the information you've been given. You never know, a little eye contact or harmless flirting just might lead you to finding your knight in shining armor.