10 Ways to Rebuild a Relationship
- Initiate: If you are the one who was in the wrong then you must initiate the conversation. People are often too afraid of what the other person might say or do so most people do not say anything at all. By not talking you are allowing this person to leave your life and you may not regret it now but you may regret it later on. Even if you are not at 100% at fault then you can still begin the conversation, be the bigger person, say what you have to say and be unbiased to what the other person has to say.
- Honesty: The conversation on both ends must be open, honest and with hold no information.
- Vulnerability: You cannot be too scared to share your feelings and thoughts with the other person. Allowing yourself to be fully open will show the other person that you still care, trust them, and you want to fix this situation more than anything else. Do not let your pride get in the way of this touchy topic.
- Reassurance: Reassure the other person or each other that you both want to fix this situation with your words and your actions.
- Communication: Speaking to and the way you treat each other or the other person is what makes up your communication. When it comes to your words choose them thoughtfully and the same goes for your actions. You must be willing to sit down and talk about anything and everything that is questioned in order to slowly get past the situation.
- Build Trust: Sit down with with the other person and discuss what you both need to do or what one of you need to do in order to gain each others trust back, What are you willing to do and comfortable with doing in order to get this person back in your life the where they need to be?
- Analyze: You much acknowledge what you did and ask yourself why you did that, what made you want to do it and most importantly, will you do it again. You cannot continue a healthy relationship with good communication if you do not answer these questions for yourself.
- Forgive Yourself: Try not to beat yourself up for the situation at hand. You must be able to forgive yourself for what you did, accept what you did and move on from it. You cannot hold what happened against yourself for the rest of your days.
- Forgiveness: You must be able to fully forgive the other person for what they did to you. You must not hold a grudge, be passive aggressive or hold this situation against them in anyway.
- Move on: Do not bring the situation up again!
© 2017 Felicia Jefferson