10 Worst Places to Find 'The One'
Many people try to tell you where you should go to find 'the one', but what places should you avoid? Here are some humorous reasons why you shouldn't venture to these locales in pursuit of your happily ever after.
1. Grocery Stores: I mean, what exactly are you going to chat about? "Oh, I see you have chocolate ice cream in your shopping cart. I love that flavor, too. Can I have your number, so we can talk more about the fascinating subject of ice cream?"
2. Dating Sites: Okay, I know some of you are saying that your aunt's best friend's cousin's younger brother is engaged because he met a normal girl online, but let's be honest. It's mainly just an expensive long shot.
3. Bars: Yes, I'm sure you're going to find your soul mate in a place where everyone is drunk and motorcycle gangs frequent.
4. In front of the television/computer: Pining away at celebrities on TV or online won't get you very far (I know you think you have a chance with Justin Bieber because he mentioned you on twitter, but let's get real). Also, stalking the person you like on social media won't help either. It's better to be in the physical presence of real people than merely trying to woo them online.
5. Divorce Court: If you think you can just waltz in and become an epic rebound for a divorcee, you've got another thing coming to you.
6. Funeral: Just think about how this would sound when your kids ask how you first got together: "Well, we just fell into each other's arms out of grief." More like, good grief, people, have some respect.
7. Jail: Right, you can definitely trust that 'ex-thief' or 'ex-murderer', because his letters are so sweet.
8. Gym/Aerobics class: Guys, girls just love when creeps stare at them while they're working out. Girls, there's going to be so many hot guys in your aerobics class; they just love to get their Zumba on.
9. Monastery/Nunnery: That attractive monk or nun is totally going to give up his or her promise to God and run away with you into the sunset. Actually no, you've seen The Sound of Music one too many times.
10. Family Reunions: I know what you're thinking, "There's got to be someone here I'm not related to." Unless you're from Alabama, you better be looking elsewhere for Mr. or Mrs. right.
Thanks to everyone from facebook and twitter who gave me your amusing ideas.
- America’s Best (and Worst) Cities for Dating
- Find A Wife: Twitter Tells The Top 10 Places You Won't Find A Wife
Looking for a wife? Twitter knows where not to find one.