- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
11 Reasons You Stay in a Relationship You Should Let Go off
- IceBreaker Questions for Any Occasion
Icebreakers are very important in helping people connect with one another in groups, parties, conferences, reunions or any occasion. Here are some important questions to break the ice in groups.
It can be quite difficult to come to terms that a relationship is failing, about to end or just over. But some people keep on hanging on in spite of the obstacles. In some cases it is worth it, but in others it is time to let go. Why do people some people keep holding on to the person although a normal relationship is not evident, here are some reasons.
1. You love him/her- Their love and feelings for the person has clouded your judgment of what is taking place, what you value, the qualities you were originally looking for and how you should be treated, respected and appreciated.
2. You want to be in love with the person you wished he or she was and they are longing for the relationship they hoped they can have. - but in reality, he/she is not that person.
3. You are waiting around and hoping because you believe he is going to change OR he/she made you a lot of promises to change, but has not taken any real action.
4. Another reason, You believe you can Change him/her.
No one can change another individual. We can offer our opinion to him/her, suggest they do things but the decision is really up to the person. They have to see the need for change, desire to change and really want to. It is not wise to take on this responsibility. We should work only on changing ourselves and seeing the areas of our lives that needs improvement.
- 50 Quotes to Help Overcome Many Types of Fears : From Famous People
Many of us struggle with fears , of the future, people, failure, rejection and so much more.Fear can steal your joy, peace, sleep, love and lead to stress. Learn to overcome by these amazing quotes.
5. You Do Not Feel you Deserve a Better Person
This sort of thinking can be from words spoken from loved ones like you were no good, ugly, or you do not do anything right, who is ever going to love you, lack of acceptance from peers, or a pattern of other bad relationships. So you settle and believe as long as you are in a relationship with someone that's good enough for them, no matter what happens.
6. Fear - fear of being alone, fear of what their lives would be like without this person, fear that no one else would want them, fear of what the person might do them, fear of letting go, fear of the unknown, fear of going out and seeing who’s out there. If this is you, do not let fear stop, paralyze you from making a life changing situation. Understand that there are better things and people for you.
7. Because This is all you know and you Don’t Know Better Than This.
For most of your life, you have witnessed family members stay in relationships, where there is abuse, drugs, control, manipulation, selfishness, lack of love, appreciation and respect and that is all you know. What is viewed as normal for them is actually abnormal. What you can do to break this mindset and pattern is find real married couples who truly demonstrate love, care and respect one another.
- 12 Early Warning Signs that a Person is Not Right For You
If you are in a relationship, starting a new relationship and want to know if this person is definitely the right one, here are things I have seen to help individuals to know if this is the one.
8. You have a great physical relationship, but that's all.
Sex can be very powerful. It can keep two people together for long time when nothing else would. As a result, neither individuals have come to a realization that they only have something physical, but no real relational connection where one gets to know things about the other person.
9. Because of Unmet needs in childhood.
When emotional needs are not met in childhood from parents, whether it is love, affirmation, encouragement, significance, a person looks to a romantic relationship to meet their needs. The relationship is more need based than on building a relationship based on shared values, commitment, working through conflicts, trust and character.
10. Guilt- If this person at first have given them money, helped them through hard times, they feel a sense of responsibility to them, so they feel guilty to leave them of what they have done for them in the past. But in reality, things are not how they were at the beginning.
11. You love the lifestyle- in your heart you know there is no relationship, love or genuine affection, but you love the money, gifts, possessions, and the material things that the individual provides.
More Relationship Hubs
- 14 Wrong Reasons for Choosing to Get Engaged or Married
Are you getting engaged or married for the right reasons? These reasons alone for getting married can be the wrong reasons, but if used in the right way can lead you know what you really want.
- 10 Reasons Why You are Attracted to the Wrong Type of Man or Woman
If you are attracted to a certain type of man or woman and do not understand why, here are some reasons that may cause you to be drawn these types of people and what you can do to avoid this.
© 2014 Janellegems