20 Thoughtful, Romantic Things Wives Can Do for Their Husbands
- Fun Ways for Couples to Get to Know Each Other
Getting to know specific things about your partner can be very fun, exciting and surprising. Here are some ways to know specific things about them.
Romance and having a great relationship with your husband can continue after the honeymoon and after many years of marriage. Marriage is a relationship that you have to work at everyday and it requires both husband and the wife doing their part in the relationship. Well, ladies here are some things you can do to show your husband how special he is, to brighten up his day and to understand how different he is and what he needs.
1. Surprise Him
- Plan a romantic evening with his favorite dinner foods, music, dancing and romantic movie
- Show up at His work with a picnic lunch, or make him lunch, or take him to lunch
- Initiate in the bedroom.
- Don't wait for special occasions - Give him a gift and something he really likes and wants
2. Encourage Him and Support Him in the Goals and Dreams for His Life
Give your husband the freedom to share his dreams. If he feels he has no dreams, encourage him to dream big. Have faith in him. Do not be a killer of his dream because of the risks or the finances. It might not take place now, but maybe someday if he uses the wisdom and right resources to plan for it. A wife's affirmation can help the man to pursue the things deep within his heart.
3. Ask for His advice- include him in the decisions in your life, the children, home, finances, friend who is in trouble, etc. - Other than providing for the family, he will see himself as vital and an equal participant in the family.
4. Do not criticize or dispute him in the company of others, - friends, close friends, family members, coworkers, neighbors etc. This can cause him to feel disrespected, embarrassed and even attack his self-esteem. If there is an issue or something you want to say, say it when you are alone and privately.
5. Appreciate Him- by telling specific things he does, by listing all the wonderful things he has done, and the great qualities he has and putting in a picture frame.
6. Don’t tell him all the problems of the day (children, work news, repairs etc. ) as soon as he walks through the door after a hard day’s work or tell him all the things he has not completed in the home. - Most men need some time to relax and unwind after a day of working. It is best to tell a half hour or 1 hour after. Give him with a hug and kiss and tell him that you are so glad that he is home. Ask about his day.
7. Look Good Before He comes home from Work- shower, put nice clothes on, smell great, do your hair.
8. Leave messages of love, encouragement, appreciation and compliments- in his shirt pocket, jacket pocket or pants pocket. You can even send him a text, email, voicemail message or in his favorite spot.
9. Give Him Space-
- Give some physical space where he can call his own like the garage, basement
- encourage Him to spend Time with His Guy Friends if he usually does not- not all the time, but occasionally, as wives need to be other women
- Space in times of disagreements-
As Shaunti Feldhahn states, ‘When there is conflict with your husband, give him some time and space to process things if he needs it – and you’ll find that you’ll get the good communication you need as a result.’
10. Be interested in a sport, activity or hobby of his- whether it is tennis, golf, watching a favorite show, fishing, walking on the beach, a cleaning project, a husband appreciates and loves his wife if she takes an active interest in something that matters to him- A man’s way of connecting is doing things together.
11. Take an interest in things he likes- whether it is his style of music, movie, foods, places to visit, things to do-
12. Do not place expectations on him that are not spoken, voiced to him- it can lead to conflict. For example, You Expect him to fix something that needs repair, when you did not tell him what needs to be fixed, expect him to understand I need time for me without the kids when you did not say anything to him and so forth. Expect to go out on a date on Friday, but he has to work. - You did not say we need to spend more time together.
13. Don’t keep reminding him of things he did not or does not do or his past mistakes- Forgive when it is necessary. Don't pick at him for every little thing. You do not want to come across like his mother. Try different approach in communicating your concerns.
14. Be a very good listener- when he is talking, make full eye contact and be interested in what he has to say.
15. Pray with him in the morning and before going to bed - even if it only 5-10 minutes. It does wonders in your marriage and your lives when you include God in your day.
16. Don't stop him if he does things differently. - like taking a different route than the usual one you know about, if he goes to different store to get something, or different way to do laundry, wash dishes, clean, cook, fold the towels, etc. Just because it is different, does not make it wrong, just different.
17. Plan to spend more time with him- with Kids, busyness, activities, it can be very difficult to spend time alone with each other, so get a babysitter and go out on a date, take a walk, go to the spot he proposed, or go to a sports game with him.
18. Save Up secretly for a getaway and then surprise with the idea- This can be a bed and breakfast in a romantic, quiet place for the weekend or a week vacation in another country or state. You can enjoy a time alone with just the two of you all.
19. Look at the areas in your life where you need to change- concentrate on becoming a better person and better wife.
20. Dedicate a Song on the Radio for him- know the radio station he listens to most and choose a song that will be ideal for him.
More Marriage Hubs
- 12 Thoughtful and Romantic Things a Husband can do For His Wife
Romance can continue after the honeymoon and after a few years of marriage. Here are some thoughtful insights for husbands to keep romance alive in your marriage and express how special your wife is to you.
- Expectations in Marriage: Realistic, Unrealistic, Unspoken and How to Deal with them
This Hub is about the types expectations in a marriage before couples are married, after they are married, the effects of expectation unspoken and understanding how to deal with them appropriately.
- 6 Major Differences Between Men and Women
Knowledge of these differences between men and women can help husbands and wives, boyfriend and girlfriend understand one another,be able to communicate, get along with other and understand why they respond in a certain way. Take a look at these majo