- Gender and Relationships
Simple and Creative Ways of Saying Thank You
We can actually earn a lot of respect with our ability to say thank you. It does not always have to be that way, but some people really take it offensive if they don’t receive a call or a card to say thank you within a few weeks of sending a gift. Have you ever brought a cup of coffee to your guest who didn’t even acknowledge your presence, much less to say “thanks”? Saying thank you shows how much you care and respect the gift giver and it is reasonable that most people appreciate a reasonable amount of respect. Sometimes, saying a simple “Thank You” is sufficient. At other times, it may be more thoughtful to be unique and creative in expressing appreciation.
Start this Video before you read further...
A SIMPLE THANK YOU
Here are some simple suggestions for thanking people at work, at home and in the community.
1. Say it to the person directly and specifically. Tell the person specifically what it is you appreciate and why you appreciate it. "Thank you for guiding my son with his reading. He is able to read independently now."
2. Send an e-mail to say thank you. This is probably the most common way of saying thank you especially if you are working in front of the computer most of the time.
3. Send a hand-written note or card to say thank you. This is more thoughtful and appreciated since so few of us take time to write and post them with the advancement of mobile and computer technology.
4. Call the person unexpectedly just to say "Thank you". A verbal communication adds more sincerity and warmth to your appreciation. Even if you have to leave a thank you a message on the voice mail, it will still be effective.
UNIQUE AND CREATIVE WAYS TO SAY THANK YOU
Saying thank you in a traditional way is always better than not saying it at all. However, if you express your gratitude in more unique and creative way, it may be more memorable for the recipient. Here some of my favourite suggestions:
1. Put a chocolate bar or a box of cookies on the desk of the person to be thanked, with a thank you note.
2. Plug a small bunch of flower from your garden, or buy one from the florist. Present it to the person with a verbal "Thank you" or a thank you note.
3. Bake some cookies or a cake. Homemade cake or cookies from a woman to a friend is always well-loved. However, if you are a man, this will be especially impressive since not many men care to bake. To make it even more impressive, write “thank you” on the cookies or cake.
4. Order a personalized chocolate, fortune cookies or candies from the professionals online. These will surely give the person you want to thank a surprise and lasting impression, a perfect gift for business associates, family, friends, and any chocolate, cookies or candy lover. Here are the links :
www.Totallychocolate.com for personalized chocolate gift with message and photo in the packaging
www.Worldsfinestchocolate.com - for finest chocolate in a distinctive snap closure box with your personalized message on the inside lid
www.Fancyfortunecookies.com for a personalized fortune cookies
www.MyMMs.com - for personalized package of M&M’s
4. In business settings, say something nice about the person you want to thank for to his peers, colleagues or his superior. Do this when the person you appreciate can hear you when you talk or do it in public (like on the stage). This will certainly be helpful to boost his reputation and image, probably giving him a better career or business opportunity. (Koreans like to do this especially over a business dinner.)
5. Take a photo with you smiling and holding or using the present. Send it along with a thank you note or card. This will certainly create a smile in gift giver’s face when he sees it.
6. Record a thank you video with you holding or using the gift, expressing thanks in your own styles and burn it into a CD for the gift giver. You can include a small act, a song, or a dance. You can make the speech funny, interesting or heart-warming.
7. Write a letter to expressing thank you, how the gift has been useful to you, how much the gift meant to you and so on. It may seem so common, but how many of us still write letters nowadays? I would be thrilled to receive a hand-written letter which is so much more personal than an electronic mail.
8. Make personalized coffee mugs, travel mugs or beer steins with your photo and the thank you message. Imagine how you will be remembered whenever the receiver uses the mug. You can order this at www.zazzle.com.
9. A digital photo mouse pad with your favourite photo and thank you words will certainly surprise the person you want to thank. You may also want to add a poem, a few useful or meaningful quotes for him. For someone who likes to cook, you can also order an apron with personalized photo and thank you note from this same website. Here is the link :
That’s a great idea!
The time you put in really shows!
Way to go!
What a great imagination!
You are a great team player!
You are an important member of the team.
You are awesome!
You are brilliant!
You are doing a superb job!
You are fascinating!
You are fun to work with!
You are so creative.
You are spectacular!
You are terrific!
You are truly appreciated.
You are unstoppable!
You are wonderful!
You made my day!
You make my job so much easier.
You’re a joy to work with.
You’re a real trooper!
You’re a treasure!
You’re on target.
You’re the best!
Your contribution is important.
60 Sayings to Show Appreciation at Workplace
Hurray for you!
I applaud you.
I appreciate you.
I appreciate your work.
I enjoy working with you!
I’m proud of you!
I’m truly grateful!
Phrases you can use in thank you notes or cards :
Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. I will think of you every time I look at it (or use it).
Thank you for your gift of love. You can have no idea how much it means to me.
Thank you for the gift. It's exactly what I wanted.
Thanks a bunch.
Thank you so much. It is nice to know that there are people like you.
Thank you very much. The world is a better place with people like you.
Thanks for everything you've done.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness.
Thank you so much. It's perfect.
Thanks a million.
Thank you for not only taking the time to think of me, but to bring a gift as well.
Thank you so much! You really brightened up my day.
Thank you so much! You really made my day.
Being remembered in such a nice way means a lot more than just "thank you" can say!
Words cannot convey my gratitude for you.
With Sincere Appreciation. I wish there are more people like you.
I can never thank you enough.
I love it!
I could not have picked out a better <gift item> myself.
One person can make a difference and that person is you. Thank you.
How did you find this remarkable gift?
For such a busy person like you, I wonder how you take time out to buy me such a special gift?
You have such great taste.
Your generosity overwhelms me.
Heartfelt thanks is sent to you for your thoughtful gift and wishes.
I sincerely appreciate and thank you for your very lovely gift.
Cute and Funny ways to say thank you
"I've never been so happy in my life ...and you are the culprit!"
"I would like to express thank you from the bottom of my heart, unfortunately for you, my heart has no bottom. "
From the tips of our feet, to the tops of our head, we thank you for your presence and your gift.
Simple and Creative ways to say thank you to your wife or girl friend
Hold her hand and say thank you
Make her a romantic dinner or
Bring her out for a romantic dinner or
Bring her to her favourite restaurant
Do some house chores without being asked
Wash her car
Let her go out to have good times with her friends
Make the breakfast (or breakfast in bed)
Make or buy her favourite drinks for her
Give her a massage
Send her flowers
Write her a card and leave it on the table before she wakes up
Write "I love you" on a post note and stick it on the refrigerator
Go and watch her favourite movie instead of yours or
Rent her favourite movie and watch with her together at home
Switch off the TV, turn out the lights and just cuddle together
Slip her favourite chocolate into her handbag
Tell her how glad you are to be married to her
Simple and Creative ways to say thank you to your husband or boy friend
Give him a hug and say thank you
Make him special dishes he likes for dinner
If your house is often cluttered and messy, do a total clean up
Let him go out to have a beer with his friends (if he likes it and seldom does it)
Make the breakfast (or breakfast in bed)
Make or buy him a bottle of very nice wine
Send some delicious home-made cookies to his office as a surprise
Buy him a book he has been hoping to read (if he likes reading)
Rent his favourite movie and watch with him together at home (with some homemade popcorn and beer)
Switch off the TV, turn out the lights and just cuddle together
Tell him how glad you are to be married to him
Buy him a pair of his favourite brand sports shoes
Buy him a home improvement tool which he has always wanted
Buy him something he likes for his hobby
Say Thank You Immediately Makes a Difference
It makes a difference to say thank you immediately than postpone it to a later time. The excitement and sincerity from you will clearly show how much you appreciate the gifts or deeds. If you put it off till later, you may forget, and miss the opportunity to show your gratitude to your customers, colleagues, family members, donors or volunteer, and you will suffer the consequences. If you do forget to say thank you, make amends immediately, preferably with a gift. Apologize sincerely and avoid making excuses.
A quick check, do you say thank you when :
~ you are given a gift
~ you are invited to a dinner
~ the teacher has taught your child music lesson
~ your neighbour tells you that you forgot to lock your door
~ someone holds the door for you to enter the room
~ someone sends you a birthday or greetings card
~ someone cleans your room
~ your supplier bought you a gift or dinner
~ you are given a receipt after purchasing an item
People that you may have taken for granted and do not say thank you to :
Your child’s teacher
Your child’s friends
Waiter and Waitress
No matter how you do it or say it, the bottom line is your sense of gratefulness. When you say “thank you”, you display respect, care, consideration and thoughtfulness. Everyone deserves to feel respected and loved.
Let me end this hub with a big Thank You from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, readers, for stopping by to read, leave a comment, place a vote, share on twitter or facebook. No words can convey my gratitude to you.
Appreciation Gift Baskets
The text and all images on this page, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Ingenira who hereby asserts her copyright on the material. Permission must be granted by the author in writing prior to copy or republish this article in print or online. However, please feel free to copy the first paragraph with a link back to this page. Thank you.