- Gender and Relationships»
24 Things to do on a Rainy Day (For Adults)
Every kind of weather has its own unique beauty. Rainy days tend to dull the fire of anxiety in the soul. Grey, rumbling, overcast skies properly reflect the calmness and depth each human being feels inside. On rainy days, people can be more honest with themselves and others by letting down their guard just a little bit.
When the clouds roll in and the sky begins to pour, take advantage of this opportunity to stay inside and catch up with your life.
What's your favorite rainy day beverage?
List of Things to Do on a Rainy Day:
1) If possible without any mess, open your windows, then turn off the TV, computer, and cell phone. Just listen to the sound of the raindrops hitting the leaves on the trees, the roof, and the ground.
2) Listen to love ballads on low volume so that you can still hear the rain, too. This makes ballads much more dramatic and meaningful.
3) Life is a bit too fast-paced sometimes, so catch up on some sleep! Swaddle yourself in your fuzziest blanket, curl up like a kitten (or puppy), and nap.
4) Write a creative article or start a blog. This is a great change of pace for those who usually write about serious topics. Try your hand at a scary story or a begin a mystery series.
5) Work out at home. Pull up exercise videos on YouTube for what you want to do (yoga, abs, biceps) and lay out a mat on your living room floor.
6) Get immersed in your hobby. Finish that video game that you stopped playing or start a new one that you've never tried. Knit a blanket or crochet a scarf for someone's birthday or Christmas. Work on an open source project to fortify your programming experience.
7) If you've got a good view from a window of your house, video tape a bit of the storm and then later edit in your favorite slow song, classical song, or piano piece. Upload the video to YouTube.
8) Add more music to your library by researching music genres that you normally don't listen to. Last.fm has lots of different tags that you can read the descriptions about before you try out the music.
9) Rearrange things in your house. If your kitchen cabinets are mixed up, sort everything out. Clean your refrigerator and throw away old food. Sort your pantry. Go through your closet and choose things you don't wear to donate to Goodwill.
10) Deep clean your house.
11) Pamper yourself. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure, wear a face mask and a robe, paint your nails, exfoliate your skin, and style your hair. You can even give yourself a makeover! Treat yourself for all the hard work you do.
12) Make some hot tea with honey and lemon. Enjoy the aroma and the warm feeling of the mug in your hands. Also works with hot chocolate! Make yourself a treat that you're not used to drinking on a daily basis.
13) Begin an auto-biography. Writing about yourself may seem silly and awkward at first, but reflection during a rainstorm may open your mind to memories and feelings you forgot about.
14) Research new recipes for food you've never tried and add them to your cookbook (or start one!). They don't have to be extravagant dishes. You can research different ways to make eggs or a new spaghetti sauce recipe. You can find recipes online or cut them out from magazines you have lying about the house.
15) Buy Christmas stocking-stuffers online, even if it's nowhere near Christmas time. You'll be happy you were proactive about it instead of waiting until the last minute. The rain will help clear your mind so you can concentrate on generating ideas about your family members and what gifts they would like.
16) Have a glass of wine or the alcohol of your choice and prop your feet up. Let yourself enjoy time off! Don't think about your to-do list or your job. Just relax as the warmth fills your body and reaches the tips of your toes.
17) Start a new TV show series or a series of movies that go with a thunderstorm. Watching TV while it's raining seems to let you concentrate on and get lost in the fictional world. Even if it's nowhere near Halloween, if you like scary stuff, watch Celebrity Ghost Stories, Nosferatu or any paranormal movie/TV series.
18) Have a deep, long talk with your lover. When the energy of the world is calm and grey, people can be more honest and feel less awkward about opening up.
19) If you don't have one already, order a creative multi-photo frame from the internet, and have a “professional” photo shoot—with a united theme! Take a collection of photos where you're wearing each others clothes or where you all have to make a silly face. Other themes include having to wear funny hats, doing your hair in strange ways, or pictures where everyone is holding the family pets.
- 10 Things to Do Inside on a Cold, Snowy Day (by Yourself)
Are you all alone on a cold, snowy day?
- Different Types of Fitness Body-Hate (and Why They're ALL Unacceptable)
Body image is a touchy subject, especially in the fitness world. This hub discusses why body policing is offensive no matter what the reason.
- Lists of Fun Things to Do on a Sunny Day (For Cheap!)
Here is a list of fun things to do on a sunny day with your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, children, or even if you're alone!
20) Turn out all the lights and do everything by candlelight or, if you have a fireplace, set a gentle flame.
21) Remember when you first got your family pets and you couldn't stop paying attention to them? Pretend your old friends are your new friends and treat them as if you've never met.
22) While we're on the subject of brushing, slowly stroke your partner's hair, too. Few things feel as good as getting your head stroked by fingertips or getting your hair brushed.
23) Read a good book. If you're someone who usually has trouble concentrating on a book enough to finish it, go on Wikipedia and look up famous titles of books that you're probably never going to read. Then, read what happens in the plot. You can also try audio books!
24) Go for a walk outside in the rain if there's no lightning and the wind isn't too bad. A clear umbrella is best so that you can see the rain falling down on top of your head. Concentrate on the sound and let the rain literally wash your worries away.