- Gender and Relationships
25 Friends Quotes - Friendship
Friends on the Town!
I have decided to do a hub today which encapsulates my feelings towards my friends, my inspiration for this was actually when I was looking for popular search terms but also we all know it is hard to find a 'true friend'. I can tell you right now that I can count my true friends on one hand, these are friends who do things for me without my having to ask, friends who aren't constantly asking for 'favors', friends who have stood the test of time, friends who do nice thoughtful things for me and friends who see my good qualities.
I also noticed a good friend of mine on hub pages has recently written a 'friendship' hub, I will leave a back-link towards the end of the article for you to view hers. I quite enjoyed compiling the photographs for this article because I had some quite colorful ones which added to the atmosphere of the 'moment' between us. I like to watch the TV series Friends when I have the chance and I have included a Friends Youtube video embedded at the bottom of this page, I think the Friends show really captures the bond which I share between my 'mates' (English slang for Buddies).
We are Friends!
Here I have included a list of my favorite Proverbs and Quotes about Friendship, mainly because we know I have a series of these which I publish occasionally, I think it is easier to express what you need to say with a wise parable too.
- God defend me from my friends; from my enemies I can defend myself.
- It is better to be in chains with friends , than to
be in a garden with
- A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though
he knows that you are slightly cracked - Bernard Meltzer
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. - Elisabeth Foley
- If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair. - Samuel Johnson
Friends about the Shopping Mall!
- I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. - Robert Brault
- Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts. - Margaret Lee Runbeck
- One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives - Euripides
- A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway - Jerome Cummings
- Friendship is essentially a partnership.- Aristotle (4th century B.C.)
- A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother.- Homer (9th century B.C.)
- We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection. - Tenzin Gyatso (14th Dalai Lama)
- If one is estranged from oneself, then one is estranged from others too. If one is out of touch with oneself, then one cannot touch others.- Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- The best time to make friends is before you need them.- Ethel Barrymore
- Be a friend to thyself, and others will be so too. -Thomas Fuller
- Being friendless taught me how to be a friend. Funny how that works. - Colleen Wainwright.
- Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends. - Czech Proverb
My Friends UK
Although I have lots of Friends in the UK I also have long distance friends in Spain & London, I love to travel so I find it easy to keep in touch over Facebook & Microsoft Messenger and this provides me with options for various cheap holidays.
- Similarities create friendship's while differences hold them together
- Never Explain — your Friends do not need it and your Enemies will not believe you anyway.- Elbert Hubbard
- Friendship is the golden thread that ties all hearts together.
- Life without friendship is like the sky without the sun
- Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.
- Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend. Albert Camus
- Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening
fruit - Aristotle
Above is a good friend of mine I met whilst at university in Swansea 5 years ago, his name is Giovanni from London and I have seen my other 4 housemates since leaving also, they say 'You create friends for life at university'.
It appears many people can't spell the word 'Friends' according to Google Keyword search, with 246,000 people entering 'frends', 135,000 typing 'frinds' and135,000 typing 'friens' each month!
It is worrying that if people can't spell or make errors like this maybe they don't know the value of the word? for a deeper look at what friendships mean I would like to end the article by suggesting you go and read H.C Porter's hub, maybe she will provide me with a backlink too!