- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
25 Reasons for You to Forgive and Forget
To Forgive and Forget
The phrase "forgive and forget" refers to the action of forgiving another person for doing something hurtful and purposely forgetting that particular action. When you forgive and forget you can experience great benefits for yourself.
Here are 25 reasons to forgive and forget:
1. Life is too short to hold on to negative feelings.
2. Negativity holds you in the past rather than living in the moment.
3. You are able to move forward when you forgive and forget.
4. You do so for your own mental health rather than for the other person in the relationship.
5. Your blood pressure likely lowers.
6. See photo above.
7. Your headaches may disappear.
8. Holding on to hostility can create tense muscles; your physical body suffers.
9. When you release negativity, you free yourself to experience positivity around you.
10. You graciously forgive the other person rather than spewing anger; you remember graciously.
11. There are so many people in your life who have not done wrong by you.
12. You have so much to be grateful for today.
13. Ask yourself if the other person deserves a second chance.
14. You do not need to be a victim; you can stop that feeling now.
15. You have more room for compassion when you let go of anger.
16. You may inspire other people to do the same.
17. You may have read the situation differently than it was intended.
18. There is already so much negativity in the world. Why add more?
19. You open yourself up to new relationships.
You Free Yourself When You Forgive
20. You become stronger in your sense of self.
21. You learn from the experience.
22. Matthew 6:14-15 says: 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
23. Rest in the good around you.
24. Because you can.
25. Your days are worth more than harboring resentment. Smile and move into the present!
Move into the Present When You Forgive and Forget
- Forgive and Forget
Forgiveness may bring enormous benefits to the person who gives that gift -- including lower blood pressure, a stronger immune system, and a drop in stress hormones, according to recent research.
- Secret of Happiness - Forgive and forget
Instead of carrying the pain and hurt of past encounters, it is better for us to forgive and forget. This is one of the secrets of happiness.