- Gender and Relationships»
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender
30 Companies That Support Gay Marriage and Equal Rights For The LGBTQ Community
Supporting Equal Rights With Our Money
With all of the recent issues with the Supreme Court finally making "gay marriage" just marriage, I thought it was time we all remember what we are doing with our money. After all every time your money goes somewhere you are supporting that company and their beliefs. So it is time we start spending our money more wisely. Stop demanding a place that hates you to make a cake for you and get your cake at a gay friendly business instead.
For those of you who are against gay marriage this list will help you to stop spending your time and money with people you don't support. I'm not sure how much of the current times you can enjoy once you eliminate all of these amazing companies, but hey you can try and I support your right to dislike gay marriage. You are free to dislike with your money just as much as we can choose to support with our money!
30 Companies For Equal Marriage Rights
- Apple - Marriage equality in Washington would put employers here on an equal footing with employers in the six other states that already recognize the committed relationships of same-sex couples – Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont. This in turn will help us continue to compete for talent.
- Google "We want our employees who are gay or lesbian or transgender to have the same experience outside the office as they do in the office," Google executive Mark Palmer-Edgecumbe
- Nike - "Nike has created the Nike Equality PAC to help raise funds from Nike affiliated donors in support of marriage equality."
- Starbucks - Howard Schultz affirmed the company's support for same-sex marriage at a shareholder meeting.
- Citi Group
- Microsoft - Bill Gates offered up a $100,000 contribution to help defeat a referendum that would ban same-sex marriage.
- Amazon - Jeff Bezos, the billionaire founder of Amazon.com, and his wife, MacKenzie, donated $2.5 million to help pass a same-sex marriage referendum in Washington State.
- State Farm
- Ford - Ford gave a pledge of $250,000 to the “Affirmations Lesbian and Gay Community Center in the Detroit suburb of Ferndale, one of the largest donations ever made from a fortune 500 company to a gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender organization.
- General Motors
- Coca Cola
- Best Buy - Donated $100,000 to help legalize Gay Marriage.
- Target - “It is our belief that everyone should be treated equally under the law, and that includes rights we believe individuals should have related to marriage,” said Target Executive Vice President Jodee Kozlak
- Home Depot - Home Depot Chairman Frank Blake told shareholders that his company would continue to support gay marriage activists and activities.
- Olive Garden
- Red Lobster
- Procter and Gamble - "We have always supported our employees and fostered a culture of inclusion and respect -- this includes the right to marry whomever they choose and to have that union legally recognized."
Support Love Not Hate
I keep hearing people say things like "I don't hate gays I just don't support them getting married". So I have a question. Can someone explain how fighting a person's right to marry the person THEY love because YOU don't like it is anything other than hate? I mean, if you don't like it don't do it but why fight their right to have the same things you want? I just don't understand the point.
It's time we start supporting the businesses who support equality for all and stop demanding people who hate our culture and how we were born to take our money. Fellow people of the LGBTQ world, why in the world do you want to give your money to people who hate you? Why demand they serve you? Because when you demand they serve you, you are demanding someone who hates you to take your money and spend it on whatever their agenda is. Just take your money somewhere else! Give your money to the companies who support equality and fairness! Let them support each other. If they don't want your money don't force them to take it. We can have equality without forcing private businesses into taking our money. Unless it is an emergency situation I just don't know why anyone would want to force a place to serve you.
So everyone who supports love and equality start spending your money among like minded people.