Using Each of the 5 Senses to Say "I Love You" to Your Special Someone
The five senses are the senses of touch, taste, sight, smell, and hearing. There are numerous ways you can tell someone you love them in each of the different categories. Here is a list in each category. If you and your significant other want to break out of your normal routine, trying one of these ways to tell them that you love them may just spice things up!
Saying I Love You Through the Sense of Touch
The sense of touch is very powerful and can create a bonding feeling between couples. I was recently watching a TV show where a psychologist mentioned that couples who hold hands feel more like a team and can face more challenges together. Here are some ways to make you and your loved one feel closer through the sense of touch.
* Give a hug
* Give a kiss
* Give a back rub
* Get them a gift certificate for a spa for a massage if you don't think yours will do the trick
* Hold their hand
* Play footsies while out to dinner with other people
* Caress their cheek when speaking to them
* Run your fingers through their hair
* Put your arm around them when sitting together
Saying I Love You Through the Sense of Taste
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so obviously I include some ideas about food here, but there are other ways you can include the sense of taste in your relationship too...
* Make them a special meal
* Bake them a favorite treat ( and surprise them with it when the whim hits)
* Brush your teeth before you kiss them, so you will always taste good
* Take them out to their favorite restaurant
* Bring take out home for something they've been craving lately
* Buy them their favorite wine/beer/liquor...just because
Saying I love you Through the Sense of Sight
This includes not only how you look personally, but other ideas that include the sense of sight to boost your relationship.
* Always look your best around them, especially when going out in public together
* Find some pictures of favorite people in their life and have them framed as a gift, or give them in a photo collage
* Create a CD of their favorite people doing activities with them
* Put a screensaver of them and someone special on their computer
* Take a drive in the country and enjoy the scenery together
* Surprise them with a visit from a relative they haven't seen in awhile
* Write them a love letter
* Skype them when you have to be apart for business
*Give them a book of romance coupons, home made or store bought
Saying I Love You Through the Sense of Smell
This sense should not only be about how you smell personally, although that is included, but also bringing the sense of smell into your relationship in new and different ways.
* Wear their favorite cologne/ after shave just for them
* Bathe/shower regularly so they'll appreciate your wonderful smell
* Give them fragrant flowers that are from a florist, garden, or wildflowers you picked on the side of the road
* If you have to go on a business trip, spray your side of the bed with a little perfume/aftershave so your scent will be there for them even though you can't be
* After a hard day, draw them a scented bubble bath and tell them to go relax and enjoy it
Saying I Love You Through the Sense of Hearing
They say, " actions speak louder than words," but hearing special words in a romantic relationship is also necessary to keep the flames of love burning. Here are some ideas for you.
* Whisper sweet nothings in their ear anytime of day, not just when you are in the bedroom
* Tell people you are with how special they are to you, within their earshot, and without making anything up!
* Sing to them...in public if you dare, or when the 2 of you are alone
* Get them concert tickets to their favorite band or musician, and let them decide to take you or a friend
* Buy them a new CD of their favorite musician
* Tell them how much you love them, and include why as often as possible!.
* Read them a poem you wrote just for them
So there you have it, ideas on how to use all of your senses to improve your relationship. I hope you have gotten some new ideas here. Was there anything that you haven't done yet with your significant other that looks like something fun to try?
Here's a video about using the 5 senses to say "I Love You" for Valentine's Day, but you can also use these ideas for birthdays or "just because" gifts as well!
5 Senses Poll
What Sense Do You Mostly Like to Use to Tell Your Sweetheart That You Love Them?
A Poem For My Husband...
- I Want That Someone To Be Me
A poem of love for my husband.
© 2012 Karen Hellier