- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
8 Hilarious and Easy Bridal Shower Games
Weddings are the ultimate excuse to throw a party or two. Have you ever noticed all of the partying that goes along with wedding planning, from bachelor parties to bridal showers? A wedding is the perfect reason for the couple to take a break from all the wedding planning and cut loose.
Bridal showers are a great way for all of the ladies who will be attending your wedding to get to know each other, share some laughs, and create memories. Those memories will be cherished even more if you make it a goal to add some silly, fun-filled games to the itinerary.
Here are eight of the best games which you can incorporate into your bridal shower to get your guests laughing!
1. Bartending Duels
This is a fun way to get the party started and the cocktails flowing. To make it more interesting, you can pick a theme to stick with. This game can be made more fun by having the participants come up with a fun name for their drink!
How to play:
- Set up a full bar with labeled ingredients.
- Players concoct their signature cocktail.
- The bride chooses her favorite drink.
- Only the provided ingredients can be used.
- Each player (or team) only has two minutes to concoct their drink.
2.The Nearly-Wed Game
You've heard of the newly-wed game, this twist on the game jumps the gun before the bride takes her walk down the aisle. Some choose to keep the game PG by asking questions such as, "Who paid for the first date?" or "Where were you when you shared your first kiss?" If you have a small, close group of friends and family, everyone may get a kick out of asking the most embarrassing, absurd questions they can think of.
How to play:
- Video record the groom's answers to the questions before the shower.
- Question the bride.
- Play the prerecorded clip and see if the answers match up.
- You can break up into teams and tally up points based on which teams think the bride will answer the question correctly.
3. Here Comes the Bride
This game is sure to get the whole room laughing! Players split up into teams and construct a dazzling gown out of nothing but toilet paper. People really can get really creative with this one.
How to play:
- Have the party goers split off into groups of equal numbers.
- Give each team a role of toilet paper and scotch tape.
- Start a timer and laugh on as they rush to construct a nightmarish wedding dress.
- The bride chooses the winning gown.
4. Vow Mad Libs
Mad Libs is a silly game in which a story is told, but with blanks left in place of nouns, adjectives, and verbs. Those playing fill in the blanks before reading the story. The end result never fails to be anything short of hilarious! Tell your guests that you need help writing your vows and this is their chance to do just that.
How to play:
- Print out traditional vows, after putting blanks in place of nouns, adjectives, and verbs.
- A bridesmaid should go around the room and ask guests for words to fill in the blanks.
- Once completed, the bride reads her humorous wedding vows.
- 9 BONUS Bridal Shower Games
If you are in need of even more ideas for great bridal shower games to produce some laughs, take a look at these nine bonus games that you can include in this special day.
5. Wedding Movie Charades
Charades is always a fun game that gets people laughing. This game is no exception. The only rule is that "wedding movies" is the only category. Be sure to play this game after the cocktails have been flowing for a while, it makes it all the more fun.
How to play
- Make a stack of cards with wedding movies written on them. Think My Best Friends Wedding, Bride Wars, Wedding Crashers, Bridesmaids, and Mama Mia.
- Split the party up into two teams.
- Have the players draw a card from a vase and act out each move title.
- Each team who guesses the movie title correctly gets a point.
- When acting out a movie title, the player is not allowed to speak.
- The "actor" chooses one wedding movie blindly, so they do not know what other movies are included in the game.
6. Bride and Groom Trivia
This is similar to The Nearly-Wed Game, but this time around the party goers try to guess the correct answer.
How to play:
- This game is the most fun when you make a Jeopardy! board. PowerPoint presentations work well for this, or you could use something like a large, white tri-fold board.
- Include easy questions as low scoring points, and hard questions for high scoring points.
- Hand out something like whistles, or bells, to each player so that it's easier to determine who has the answer first.
- Whichever team has the most points at the end of the game wins!
- Be sure not to include repeat questions from The Nearly-Wed Game.
- How did he propose?
- Where did they meet?
- How many kids do the bride and groom want to have?
- What are their pet names for each other?
- What was their first fight about?
- What does he do that she can't stand?
7. Celebrity Wives
This game is particularly fun after everyone's had a few drinks. The guests will have a blast either acting out or trying to explain who the wife in question is.
How to play:
- Write the name of a famous celebrity, who is also a wife, on a card for each player.
- Each player is to tape a card to their forehead. No peeking allowed!
- Other players do their best to describe and/or act out which celebrity she is until she guesses correctly.
- You can't mention the name of the celebrity.
- Don't mention the name of the celebrities' husband, as it usually makes it too easy to guess who the celebrity wife is.
8. Pin the Mustache on the Groom
Exactly as it sounds, this is a wedding themed spin-off of Pin the Tail on the Donkey!
How to play:
- Pin up a poster-sized picture of the groom.
- Blindfold each party guest as it comes time for them to play.
- The blindfolded guest walks over to the picture and tries to pin the mustache where it belongs.
- Whoever is closest to pinning the mustache to the groom's upper lip wins.
Including a Prize for the Winner
Of course, with any of these games, it can add a whole additional level of excitement if there is a prize involved. You can have a prize for each game or add up who wins the most games and present the single prize to that player at the end of the shower.
Here are some great ideas for prizes:
- Gift cards to a coffee house or popular retail destination.
- A free trip to the spa with the bride-to-be.
- A free dinner out with the future bride at a fancy location the day before the wedding.
- Cash (have each guest put in a few dollars at the beginning of the shower which will go to the winner at the end).
If your friends are likely to be good sports then a prize might liven things up a lot! If there is alcohol involved and you know of a few guests who tend to be a bit overly competitive, it might be best to leave out any monetary prizes and only offer the title of "Bridal Shower Champ" as the reward. You can even prepare a sash with that title printed on it to present to the winner!
A bridal shower should be all about the bride and what she enjoys doing. It is important to keep that in mind when choosing which of these hilarious bridal shower games to include in the bridal shower.
Remember, the quickest way for people to bound is to share experiences and laughter together. A bridal shower is a great way to accomplish both!
© 2018 Kate Daily