9 Romantic Date Ideas To Woo The Man Or Woman In Your Life
Whether you are at the beginning of a new love affair, or making sure to keep the fires burning in a more mature relationship. Coming up with romantic date ideas can always be challenging.
What you choose to do needs to be decided by taste, budget and in some ways the seriousness of the relationship. A romantic weekend in Paris maybe a little intense for a 2nd date don’t you think.
If your goal is to impress and excite your loved one, make sure your romantic date idea keeps them at the centre of your choice.
A few questions to ask yourself before you get started
- What does he or she like to do, what are their interests
- Have they mentioned an activity or event that would like to do
- Would they prefer a calm relaxing date or an experience gift
Taking a few moments to ask yourself those kinds of questions, helps you to find suggestions that are ideal for your partner. Remember the best romantic ideas are not those cost the most or are the most adventurous; they are the ones that show you care, have been paying attention to their tastes and have aimed to please.
Below I’d like to share with you a varied lists of ideas suited to all budgets weathers and tastes. I’ll let you into a little secret, some of these have been dates that my partner and I have gone on and had an amazing time.
If you’re willing to invest some time, energy, and let’s face it money in coming up with a romantic date idea that will sweep your lover off their feet, I’m sure you’ll find an idea below that you can tailor to suit the guy or gal in your life.
9 Romantic Date Ideas That Help You Really Connect
- Go for a picnic
If the weather is good, pack a blanket,a hamper
full of fine food and something sparkling and cool to drink and go for a picnic. This
ideas works well for him or her,.nothing says old school romance like the sight of a couple having a picnic on a summers day
- Declare old movie day
Get him/her to tell you their top 3 old movies. Anything black and white, retro or from the eighties is always good,my partner chose the Goonies and Tomb Raider. It's time to have a total movie fest. Get in lots of easy to cook food, put on your pjs and have a day spent reminiscing in front of the tv. Spend sometime just being together and laughing. This can be just as fun as doing anything fancy.
Ideal for movie day or night
Get creative with your camera
- If you’re creative types or like to think you are, why don’t you take your cameras out for the day. Choose somewhere of interest near you or a place you have always wanted to see, and go exploring with your camera’s. The goal is to capture your day and overall experience on camera from each of your different viewpoints. You can then edit the pictures together and have a visual memory of your day. You don’t need to be a professional to do this you just need two cameras. This one of my favourite romantic date ideas
Go to the zoo
- Remember the first time you went to the zoo with your parents or with your school. The excitement and awe you felt at seeing the animals so close up. Well that doesn't change just because you’re an adult, a day at the zoo can be so much fun and bring out childlike wonder in you. If your partner is an animal lover, well it’s win win.
Go and get lost
- This sounds a bit crazy, but one day my partner and I turned up at the train station, choose a place we liked the sound of, bought the tickets and got on the train. We didn’t have a clue where we were going and that was the beginning of our adventure. This is a great romantic date idea for early in a relationship. It’s a great way to see how your partner handles new and unfamiliar situations, and places.
- Most times it is one partner cooking for the other, but it can be a wonderful way to bond over cooking a meal together. Choose a simple recipe if neither of you our accomplished cooks, buy all the ingredients, and set the scene. Candles, some romantic music, and flowers, will make the evening feel special. Then sit down and eat, no interruptions tv or mobiles. This is a romantic date idea designed to make you reconnect and go deeper with your lover.
Go for a drive
- I don’t mean casually in your car. I mean take it to the racetrack, go go-karting, a day at the car track. Whatever is the fast and adrenaline filled and brings out the competitive spirit in you both. Get in your cars and race each to the finish line. This was my valentine’s gift. Not traditionally romantic I know, but if you’re the type of person that likes adrenalin and adventure like me, then this is perfect and reasonably priced too.
Take a mini break
- This is an idea for those in slightly more long term relationships as there can be significant costs involved. This romantic date idea works great with something like an anniversary or other significant event in your relationship. Choose a city or place to go to for 2 or 3 days, and get some time away from your normal environment, possibly even your children. This is a time to just be with one another again, whilst discovering something knew together
Go on a wine tasting
- Wine tasting clubs are springing up all over the place, so if your partner is fond of a drop of wine, why not take them for a wine tasting. Book either a 1-2-1 or group session, and go an experience some fine wines together and no doubt bring back a bottle or two to share.
A nice memory is to light a candle in the bottle you bring back, and continue to light a candle on it when your together. This is a romantic date idea that you will remember in years to come as you watch the candle wax grow year after year.
Me on Valentine's Day winning at the track
Romantic Date Idea Poll
If you had to choose, which you would be your favourite romantic date idea
Ok, so there you go a handful of heartfelt, warm and creative romantic date ideas that you can use to woo your new love interest or the man or woman in your life. Be sure to add your own personal touches to it and it will truly be a day to remember. Don't forget to come back and let me know which idea you went with, and how it went.