- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Storyboard Hub On Hosting A Steampunk Wedding
The Unconventional Gear-heads
What is Steampunk, You Ask...?
- Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century. Steampunk works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century's British Victorian era or American "Wild West", in a post-apocalyptic future during which steam power has regained mainstream use, or in a fantasy world that similarly employs steam power. Steampunk perhaps most recognizably features anachronistic technologies or retro-futuristic inventions as people in the 19th century might have envisioned them, and is likewise rooted in the era's perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, and art.
Steampunk Airship Wedding Cake
D-I-Y Steampunk Wedding:
What once started out as a literary Sci-fi sub-genre, Steampunk can now be marketed as a full fledged lifestyle. As with all significant cultural movements, the inspiration of Steampunk has virtually been fabricated upon every aspect of society, influence by human imagination. Although it is not an invention of the twenty first century but rather, a collage of many different time periods; it is certainly a twenty first century enigma that is found in music, movies, theater, books, art, architecture,fashion and design. It is the absolute perfect inspiration for any creative bride and groom, wanting to host an incredibly unique wedding celebration, which they would have a huge part in artistically creating.
The creative nucleus of Steampunk is certainly an oxymoron complexity with its; Victorian fashion meets Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. Technological advancements in the world Steampunk involves metal infused with glass (which is never clear but wavy, seeded, and colored). Diamond and ruby necklaces are replaced with chain linked cogs, gears, and wheels of copper, silver, leather or gold. It is also a lifestyle that appeals to the organic minded revolutionist. Steampunk is at the very minimum a twenty first century recycling adventure. Think of it as a mechanical compose; churning into complex futuristic technological advancements, which are fused together by ornately designed hardware.
The Ultimate Cosplay Challenge / Designing Your Garments
Who says you have to be major fashion designer to put together a Steampunk wedding dress or bridesmaid look? Use the resources and links provided in this article, and you too can showcase a wedding collection, which is completely assembled and coordinated by you!
- Steampunk Weddings
Steampunk weddings explained in full detail. This will inspire you to pull out the feathers, cogs and Victorian hoops - get ready!
Gear and Cogs Wedding Jewelry Resource
Steampunk Genre Clothing
Knowing Where to Shop for the Ultimate Steampunk Look
There are many wonderful resources, which show a bride how-to incorporate Victorian trinkets and brass gears into a wedding. With the aid of a hot glue gun, the nooks and crannies are limitless, when it comes to adding brass wheels and gears to, just about any surface imaginable. The best Steampunk hot spots for collecting items, and turning them into table arrangements, church decorations and center pieces can be found at;
Regardless where the hunt for old fashion stuff leads the wedding party, just keep in mind to look for anything having aesthetic or intrinsic characteristics that bring to mind things, considered to look old-fashioned.
- Garage Sales — Driving in an American suburb during the Spring and Summer months, on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, is a tell tell sign that garage sale season is open for business. Garage sales are an American staple while being an incredible way to find and buy, fun items to be reused for the wedding. Be sure to look for old clocks, cameras, mason jars, and industrial parts.
- Flea markets — Flee markets are a great resource for finding old bird cages, cameras from the 1950s and earlier, old trunks, leather bound suitcases, bicycles, Victorian age clothing, cloth umbrellas, hoop skirts, antiques, telescopes, and even airplane goggles. It is also a terrific source for finding odd chairs and mismatch place settings for the bride and groom to use during the reception dinner. Sellers with flea market booths are looking to sell their merchandise and usually are- more than willing to haggle to a mutually satisfying price for all parties involved. They generally are very open to receiving a different price for an item. Therefore, if something catches the brides eye but cost to much, be sure to ask the seller if they will accept a lower price. As a rule of thumb, flee market dealers are more than happy to work with the buying party involved in a sale. Not only is it the dealer's goal to make money, they have a real genuine want for the customer to leave, happy with the deal.
- Auctions — The great thing about auctions are that they take place throughout a calendar year. They are great resources for buying dishes, pottery, and glassware cheaply. Look for dark red vases, candle holders, goblets, and bowls. They are another fantastic source for finding old tools, bicycles, wheels, antique typewriters, clocks, brass tableware, antique items, trunks and old suitcases.
- Estate Sales — Estate sales might not be the cheapest source for old timey items, they are however, a stellar source for finding unique and bizarre things.
Mr. and Mrs. Steampunkers....
- Bizarre Steampunk Inspired Wedding Style Ideas | Wedding Photography Design
How about incorporating a Victorian era, gothic inspired theme to your wedding style? Steampunk style wedding theme is oddly eye-catching, unique, yet sophisticated. Experience the punk culture and integrate the c
When making Steampunk decorative items, always remember to think nineteenth century technology, from a Victorian mindset. Eyeglasses are spectacles, and flying machines are not airplanes or spaceships but rather extravagant hot air balloons or blimps, powered by a steam engines. In the land of Steampunk, Clocks are never digital, and camera's no longer plastic or black. Nylon backpacks have been replaced by leather pouches, and rolling luggage with old fashion leather trunks and suitcases. Super glue has been replaced by brass tacks, and drawstring technology by bulky brass buckles, cloth buttons and wire. Even the basic structures, surfaces, and textures change for example, concrete is replaced by cobblestone and red clinker brick. Plastic is replaced by copper, brass, wrought iron or wood. Angle and square edges are reinforced with brass accents.
Big Fat Steampunk Story Boards
- Romantic Steampunk Wedding Ideas Ruffled
Here at Ruffled, we’re always going to love a bit of steampunk inspiration (some of you may remember this steampunk inspired wedding from last year, one of our all-time favorites). Photographer Christina Carroll put together a real-life shoot.
- Steampunk Goggles
Welcome to Steampunk R&D! Come Meet Us... Steampunk Research & Development is a Community for Steampunks, by Steampunks. For those who live in a future that never was...