About Cushion Cut Engagement Rings
Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
What are Cushion Cut Engagement Rings?
One question you might have is....why is it called a cushion? Well the name comes from it's appearance. The diamond looks just like a stuffed cushion and is described as puffy. A cushion cut engagement ring is similar to emerald, princess, and oval cuts and is square and rectangular. For women that want a vintage looking ring, a cushion cut engagement ring is the way to go and it is even referred to as the "antique cut".
History of Cushion Cut Engagement Rings
In the late part of the 1800s all the way up to the early 1900s, cushion cut engagement rings were very popular. Today, people have a hard time finding this cut and a lot of times you have to go to estate sales or antique shops. If you are content to buy a loose diamond than you will have an easier time finding a cushion cut but if you are looking for a finished ring they are not as easy to come by.
The Good About Cushion Cut
- cushion cut engagement rings are unique and so are the individuals that wear them. They certainly stand out from the crowd.
- due to their smooth surface they have a soft and romantic feel in comparison to other cuts.
- a cushion cut diamond can look amazing in almost any setting.
The Bad About Cushion Cut
- cushion cut diamonds have only 60 facets in comparison to most diamond cuts which have 80.
- cushion cut engagement rings can be hard to find unless you look for a loose diamond that you plan to have mounted at a later time.