- Gender and Relationships
Adjust and Compromise For having a Golden Relationship
I would like to start this hub with a picturesque quote-
"Adjustment and compromise are the two crucial things in a relationship,Adjust when someone wants to be with you and compromise when you want to be with someone"!!
Wow! such a fabulous saying. You're a most successful person if you own such kind of an attitude. To commit with any kind of relationship one should have 3 things. A loving heart, an unbreakable trust and unconditional love towards your loved ones.
Usually a person commit with a misunderstanding and break up when he/she understands the reality. It seems to happen often in this century. To be honest, the word , the most precious gem called LOVE has no meaning now-a-days. A boy gets into numeral relationships and as in same in case of some girls. I'd say or describe such relations as lust rather than love. Yeah! love has almost lost its valuable feeling and respect. Why this kind of relationship is being entertained? And nevertheless, everyone says, they want a true lover.!! Huh, i think this does'nt make any sense for such teenagers.
Well, let's not restrict our thought with only lovers, adjustment and compromising nature should be in you to handle any kind of relation bonded to you. Your relation with your parents,friends,brothers,sisters and also the society. Family and society play an important role in our lives. If we adjust properly and compromise with our families needs, then they are the healthy and caring families. Such families make a healthy society. Hence we'll be having a worth staying country. See its so easy to own a respectable and incredible country. Indirectly we're helping unitedly in making a wonderful nation.
Our family compromised to fulfill all our requirements and adjusted with all our funky disasters. Ain't they make us feel happy? Then why can't we bring such a nature in ourselves? Give a try!! We will surely have a brightest future and we'll be successful citizens for our nation.
Here I've some tips to cultivate a good relation.Some of 'em are from internet also.Just have a look-
- Never argue with your elders regarding your needs.Instead make them understand about your requirements so that they get convinced to fulfill your needs for you.
- Do not behave in such a manner that your family thinks as if you're a burden to your family.Spread smiles and laughter.
- Take care of each and every member in your family.
- Be good and loyal to your neighbors.
- Be honest to your loved ones,partners.
- Every morning make a conscious commitment to eliminate blame, criticism, and invalidation from your side of the relationship. If it leaks out, acknowledge it, and apologize to your partner.
- Pay attention to and express appreciation for positive things your partner says or does--no matter how small!
- Ask your partner to write down what makes him/her feel loved and special. Do the same for yourself. Exchange lists. Then, every day, no matter how you feel about him or her, do one loving/caring behavior for your partner!
- Honestly look at the things YOU do that you know are not helpful to the relationship. If you want something different, you need to do something different!
- Develop compassion for your partner and for yourself. Reactive, defensive thoughts, words and behavior are ways we protect ourselves from "danger". Watch yourself reacting and ask yourself, "What does this remind me of from my own past?" and, " What can I do differently at this point to become safer for my partner?"
- Ask very specifically for what you need and say 'why' it is important to you. Your partner cannot read your mind and actually experiences life differently than you do!
- Learn new skills that make communication safe and effective for both of you.
I am really worried of our future.. So i would like to dedicate few lines written by our beloved LINKIN PARK guys.I don't know whether these lines get indulged with my topic or not. But i feel it that this is perfect.
Wake in a sweat again
Another day's been laid to waste
In my disgrace
Stuck in my head again
Feels like I'll never leave this place
There's no escape
I'm my own worst enemy
I've given up
I'm sick of feeling
Is there nothing you can say
Take this all away
Tell me what the fuck is wrong!!!
I would like to end my thoughts remembering Mother Theresa's words -Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family.