- Gender and Relationships»
Wedding Anniversary Quotes and Sayings
Wedding Anniversary Quotes let you turn a regular anniversary card into a great one! Your wedding anniversary is one of the most important dates in your life, and you should celebrate it in style, starting with an anniversary card expressing a perfect wedding anniversary quote!.
This article looks at:
- Great ideas for wedding anniversary gifts
- How to find Free Anniversary eCards online
- How to personalize your own anniversary card with a great anniversary quote
- Wedding Anniversary Quotes for Husband and Wife
- Wedding Anniversary Quotes for Parents and Friends
- Famous Anniversary Quotes
Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Have you ever considered getting a Wedding Anniversary Memory Book as an anniversary gift for yourself, your partner, or your friends?
Order Today and be eligible for Free Shipping!
'Our Wedding Anniversary Memory Book' allows you to record those special moments in your life - with photos and hand-written memories. Moments that you can share with your partner and your children, for years to come. Check out the great reviews on Amazon!
'Wedding Anniversaries: From Paper to Diamond' explores the traditional symbols that mark each year of marriage - from paper for your first anniversary to diamonds for your 60th. Exquisite photographs, poetry and anniversary quotes accompany each anniversary.
'What I Love About You', by Kate Marshall, is perfect for couples in love and makes an excellent anniversary gift.
How To Personalize Your Own Anniversary Card
Anniversary cards are readily available from a variety of sources, including online. Here is my review of the top 5 websites to help you find Free Anniversary eCards online.
Of course, nothing is more romantic than making your own card or adding a personal wedding anniversary quote to an online or store-bought card. A good way to create a personal anniversary quote is to modify an existing, well-known rhyme.
One of my favourite rhymes to personalize for your loved one is:
"Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you!"
The trick is to modify the second half of the rhyme to suit your personal situation. Fortunately, it's pretty easy because lots of words rhyme with blue (thank goodness violets are not orange)!
Here is a real-life example that I used for our first wedding anniversary. When I was newly married a local turkey farmer was advertising his poultry on TV using the phrase "My turkeys are beautiful!". So, ever the romantic, I added the following rhyme into our first anniversary card:
"Roses are red, violets are blue, turkeys are beautiful, and so are you!"
I took a risk but it paid off ... believe it or not, it was a big hit and got a lot of laughs!
Here are some other versions to start your own creative juices:
- Roses are red, violets are blue, love me so much, like I love you!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, chilli is hot and so are you!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I don't want to spend a day without you!
Wedding Anniversary Quotes For Husband and Wife
Your wedding anniversary is the perfect time to say "I love you". With all of the pressures of every day life, it is easy to forget to use these three simple words on a daily basis. So, here is your big chance! Find your favourite quote, or make up your own, and add it to that romantic anniversary card that you've just bought and rekindle your romance!
"To my dear Husband. Love is not as simple as candlelight and roses … love is day-to-day living, taking time, making time to be there, with open arms and a giving heart … love is the special life we share. Happy Anniversary!"
Here is a selection of Wedding Anniversary Quotes for Husband and Wife:
- As each day passes, my love for you grows irrevocably. I wish you a very Happy Anniversary dear.
- Our love is like the ocean - so beautiful and so vast. Thanks for being a part of my life. Happy Anniversary!
- Loving you was always so easy, being loved by you was a dream come true. Happy Anniversary, sweetheart!
- I would like to tell you how happy I am to have met you and fallen in love with you. Happy Anniversary!
- Before I met you, I was incomplete. You gave a new meaning to my life. Happy Anniversary, Darling!
- To the One I love on our anniversary. Words cannot express all I hold within my heart. You’ve made every moment worth remembering. Happy Anniversary!
- Always and forever … that’s how long I’ll love you. Happy Anniversary, Darling!
- It doesn't matter where you go in life, what you do ..... it's who you have beside you. Happy Anniversary!
- It has been another year. Time flies when you're having fun. Happy Anniversary!
- On this our anniversary, we may not have wealth, but we do have each other and that is worth more than anything in the world. Happy Anniversary!
- Once a year seems too rare to tell you that you mean everything to me! Happy Anniversary!
- Honey, when I saw you walking up the aisle on our wedding day, like most men, I had just one thing on my mind … I hope she lets me watch football. Happy Anniversary.
- We have changed over the years, but the sparkle in your eyes is as bright as ever, and my love for you is even stronger. Happy Anniversary!
- To my Husband. You are my partner, my sweetheart,my confidante, my advisor, my comforter and friend … You are my quiet place away from the rest of the world. Happy Anniversary!
Wedding Anniversary Quotes for Parents and Friends
In addition to celebrating your own anniversary, it is very important to support others and recognize their wedding anniversaries. Here are some anniversary quotes for parents and friends that you can use to make their celebration more memorable and meaningful:
- Congratulations on being blessed with such a great relationship that you have been together this long. Wishing you another blessing filled year! Happy Anniversary!
- Happy anniversary to a great couple who clearly belong together. You are an inspiration to all who know you. Congratulations on your anniversary!
- Love is life and seeing the strength of your love for each other, I know nothing more is true. Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary! May you love each other forever.
- The road of love is twisted, but both of you have handled the turns so well. I'm proud and happy for you! Happy Anniversary
- For a Special Couple on Your anniversary. It’s such a joy to know two people so in love! Happy Anniversary.
- Happy Anniversary to a couple who really take romance to heart … Have a wonderful day!
- Love brought you together as husband and wife, and gave you a best friend for life. Happy Anniversary.
- Why even think about a second honeymoon when there is no evidence that you two have even finished your first! Happy Anniversary.
"Remember, if you smoke after sex you're doing it too fast" ~ Woody Allen
"If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?" ~ Source Unknown
Famous Anniversary Quotes
There are many famous anniversary quotes, some serious, the others hilarious! Here are some of my favourites:
- Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day ~Gene Perret
- A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year ~Paul Sweeney
- Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that ~Michael Leunig
- A happy home is one in which each spouse grants the possibility that the other may be right, though neither believes it ~ Don Fraser
- An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow ~Author Unknown
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person ~Mignon McLaughlin
- Infatuation is when you think he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners. Love is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford - but you'll take him anyway ~Judith Viorst,Redbook, 1975
- Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966
- It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life ~ Rita Rudner
- Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off ~Author Unknown
Celebrate Your Anniversary!
I hope this article on Wedding Anniversary Quotes and Sayings has given you some ideas and maybe even inspired you to write your own romantic wedding anniversary quotes.
If you are also looking for some more anniversary gift ideas then you might be interested in these Wedding Anniversary Gifts Ideas.