Be True to You
I'm sure you've all heard it before: be true to you. Be who you are, not what others want you to be. You're original and unique, don't die a copy. But as friendly and nice as this advice might be to hear, it is sometimes easier said than done.
Many teen girls and even older women today are constantly in a struggle with themselves and fitting in with the world around them. Maybe they buy designer clothes because it's what everyone else is wearing. Maybe they smoke and drink because they want to look cool. Whatever it is, is it really making you feel good about yourself? Or do you feel worse? Like a different person?
If you at all feel like this isn't you, then that should be a sign right there and you should probably reconsider things in your life. Do what makes you feel like you. Do what you enjoy. Sometimes feeling good about yourself is as easy as putting on a pretty dress and taking cute pictures.
My advice on loving yourself?
1. Make it a point to compliment yourself every day. I will admit, sometimes, I spend an hour getting ready, just because I like to look at myself in the mirror and see how good I look. It's not being cocky, it's being confident. If you can like the way you look, then that's all that matters. Get dressed up, have fun with makeup, check yourself out, and say, "Damn, girl, you look good!" Even try out a few pick up lines on yourself. Give yourself a wink and blow a kiss. Not only is it funny to use pick up lines on yourself, but it can put a smile on your face and make you feel that much more confident!
2. Accept compliments from others! Again, it doesn't make you seem full of yourself. If you keep scoffing and rolling your eyes when people compliment you, where does that get you? You will start to believe that everyone who compliments you is lying and out to get you, and people may stop all together. Compliments make us feel good! Why should we shrug them off? Smile, say thank you, and do a little dance! Someone noticed you and how awesome you look!
3. Don't be afraid to spoil yourself! If you happen to see a cute outfit, try it on ... even if you don't have the money to buy it! Pose in the mirror, take some pictures, and if you really like the outfit, save a picture and hang it somewhere. Then, when you get the money, go out and get it!
4. Spoil yourself with pedicures and manicures! Make it a date with your girl friends. Help each other pick out cool colors and have fun! Your girlfriends will always be a confidence booster!
5. Ever wanted to color your hair some funky color? Go for it! Who cares what anyone else thinks? It looks freaking awesome, right? And it gets you noticed!
Be comfortable with yourself. Love yourself. Love the way you look and show it off! People will notice, and you will look that much cooler, just for being you!