Break up tips for guys: What to do when your girlfriend dumps you?
Got dumped by your girlfriend? It is likely that life may taste like a terrible cocktail of sadness, humiliation, sorrow, hate, anguish, anxiety, insult, anger and many other hard hitting emotional setbacks. In a bid to rejuvenate hope and love, this post lays out practical breakup tips for guys. Read on and find out how you can handle the aftermath of your girlfriend breaking up with you and leaving you heartbroken. The tips are followed by some touching lines that will cheer you up.
1) Show emotion: It is ok to be heartbroken
If you are feeling heartbroken, don't be shy of showing a tab bit of emotion in the days following your breakup. Your attempts at being stone cold or showing that you don't care will immediately appear as unnatural. Others could even think that you are trying too hard to hide the sadness within you.
Don't shed tears in front of everyone because that's not what guys are supposed to be doing. But feel free to show some sadness and carry a glum face if your girlfriend has dumped you. It is natural for any living soul to be heartbroken in a breakup situation. You may even inadvertently get the upper hand over your girlfriend as your friends and everyone around you will sympathize with you.
2) Don't create a scene in front of everyone by getting in to a verbal spat with your girlfriend
Why did she dump me? What have I ever done to deserve this? Does she like someone else? Why did she breakup with me after everything I've done for her? What did I do to be left heartbroken? You may have a burning urge to confront her and ask these questions, but it is in your best interest to do it behind closed doors.
Love, heartbreak, sadness and anger all combined, can turn into hate and it is easy to get carried away in the heat of the moment to engage in a verbal spat with your girlfriend. But that's exactly what you need to avoid. Wait for your moment, and don't start throwing to her question after question the very minute you see her. There's no point mincing words here - Arguments or fights in front of everyone will make you look like a loser.
3) Lean on your mates for support
Popular culture tends to portray that guys don't need to vent but we all know that in reality men feel equally satisfied as women, when they have a friend who listens. Speaking to a close friend is one of the first things to do when your girlfriend dumps you.
Lean on a friend who understands you and does not end up making fun of you. Else, you will be left with a deeper emotional scar than what you had earlier. If your friend really cares about you, he/she will calm you down, give you reassurances, listen to your woes and try to cheer you.
4) You've just been dumped: Don't be too eager to start dating again
While you may have seen guys who have just been dumped trying to jump back into the dating scene in sitcoms on TV, it may not be the best thing to do in real life. In fact, girls may find you cold hearted if you went on a date and said that you were dumped only a few days before.
Take some time off and be with yourself and in the company of friends. Look back at your relationship and think about why your girlfriend broke up with you. It is absolutely normal to spend a weekend or two on the couch, watching movies and just reflecting on your relationship, past and what lies ahead. Look forward to dating again when you are emotionally and physically back to 100%.
5) Being single: Enjoy this time to do things alone
One of the advantages of being single is that you are free to do whatever you want, whenever you want. Whether it is hanging out with your buddies more often, spending more time playing computer/video games, spending more time at the gym or doing whatever you want - Take this time to do the things you have always wanted to do but never got the time to.
6) Save some money
Wondering what saving money has got to do with a broken relationship? The link is quite simple. Since your girlfriend has broken up with you, no longer do you need to worry about wishing her a happy birthday and giving her expensive gifts, taking her out for dinner, buying her chocolates and flowers or blowing away wads of cash to do fun things with her on a date or otherwise.
A relationship generally involves a lot of giving and receiving from a financial perspective too. Chart out a nice little savings plan for yourself and save up for either a big purchase for yourself or for something else you have in mind.
7) Go away for a weekend with friends
An ideal thing to do after suffering heartbreak would be to pack your bags and go for a month long vacation. While it may be impractical to do so for many, even a weekend away will do wonders to give you a shot of rejuvenation.
Grab your close buddy and hop on to the first bus, train or flight and go away for, at least for a weekend. Travelling will take your mind away from the pain and even if it doesn't, it will help you recuperate from heartbreak. Make sure to carry your iPod loaded with some of your favorite uplifting tunes.
8) Make your girlfriend regret that she dumped you: Be a better person
Do you know the best way to make your girlfriend regret that she dumped you? You are wrong if you thought of something on the lines of making fun of her or ridiculing her in front of everyone. The best way, in fact, is to become a better person in every possible way.
If you are a student, do the best you can. If you play a sport, practice hard and win. If you are in academics, excel at research. If you are doing a job, aim to grab a promotion. If you are a professional, get more clients. If you've put on those kilos, find some motivation to lose weight and get back in shape. You get the point, don't you? The key to making someone regret letting go of you, is to excel at whatever you are doing and reaching new heights. She will regret dumping you.
Coping up with heartbreak: Cheer up
Being dumped can feel insulting and humiliating. It can pin you down and shackle you up in chains of bitter heartbreak. Remember these 10 things every time you think you are being sucked into a whirlpool of sorrow and sadness.
1) You don't become any less attractive just because your girlfriend broke up with you.
2) It is her loss that she lost a caring partner like you.
3) Don't cry your heart out for someone who never loved you.
4) Maybe it was never meant to be. Maybe better things are in store ahead.
5) Be satisfied that you gave all the possible effort to save your relationship. Be proud that you gave love, your best shot.
6) There are millions of people in the world who will like you for who you are. All you need to do is step out and look around.
7) There is no 'once' when it comes to love because it can happen twice, thrice, and many times over and over again. All you need to do is open up your heart.
8) Don't put yourself down for a failed relationship. It takes two to tango.
9) It's a pity she broke up you. She could have been the luckiest girl in the whole world.
10) Do you give up studying just because you got an F? Do you give up working because your boss didn't give you the promotion you always wanted? Do you give up living? If not, why give up on love just because your girlfriend left you? Heartbreak is tough, but loving again is worth all the effort getting back up on your two feet.