- Gender and Relationships
Breakfast Casserole Recipe - Easy as 1 2 3!
Veronica's Breakfast Casserole
This is fast and easy.
Make a couple of these, and keep them in your freezer.
( 6 servings) Takes about an hour to cook, but without a lot of work.
- 6 cups loose packed frozen hash browns, thawed.
- 2 cups fresh sliced/diced mushrooms, onions and bell peppers, (tomatoes, a little fennel, use your imagination)
- 2/3 cups butter or butter substitute melted
- 2 cups cooked ham diced (substitute breakfast sausage, turkey sausage, bacon, or leave this out completely for meatless casserole. I like fresh butcher sausage and tofu for this part)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, Swiss, or American, or mozzarella cheese. Feta and goat work too, but are better added in later and not cooked so long.
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 5 large eggs
Sautee mushrooms, onions and bell peppers in butter until soft.
Cook your meat.
While sautéing, spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with PAM. Press hash browns on the bottom of the pan evenly. Drizzle melted butter over this, this makes the crust. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven, reduce oven to 350.
Sprinkle ham (or sausage, or bacon) over the crust evenly.
Spread the sauté over this, evenly.
Sprinkle cheese over this, evenly.
Beat eggs and milk, pour over top, evenly.
Another handful of cheese on top of that doesn't hurt anybody.
Return to oven and bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nicely garnished with fresh basil or parsley. Guys love this with salsa.
I love to make and bring this with us, when we are going to friends or relatives for an overnight visit. Anyone can bring dessert. But what a nice thought to give the hostess the morning off from cooking by having a hearty breakfast already prepared. Excellent for when you know you'll be partying all night at a concert or a New York Ranger's Hockey Game. Who's going to want to get up early the morning after to cook? Not I. Anyone can shove this in the oven to heat it up.
If you like this HUB please click the “Thumbs-Up” below just before the comments.
All text is original content by Veronica.
All photos are used with permission.
All videos are used courtesy of Youtube.