- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Bridal Shower Favors
Bridal Showers- What are They?
A bridal shower takes place before the wedding and can be a wonderful time of fun and fellowship with friends. Traditionally, guests who come bring gifts for the bride (and even the groom) and the hosts get bridal shower favors for the guests.
So how does it all start? The bride sends out bridal shower invitations inviting her close friends and relatives. Her invited guests are often asked to RSVP so the bride knows what needs to be brought and prepared for them.
On the day of the shower, the guests will be entertained with bridal shower games and cake. At some point the bride will open the gifts that the guests brought for her. The bride-to-be will also give favors out to the guests.
Bridal Shower Themes
The popular thing to do these days is to have a bridal shower theme. Examples of some themes are:
- In the kitchen (where kitchen/cooking items are given as gifts and the games typically revolve around kitchen activities)
- In the bedroom (where lingerie is given as a gift)
- Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
- Hawaiian Luau (complete with Hawaiian decorations, outfits and favors)
- Couples Home Improvement Shower (where DIY home improvement gifts are given)
The list really could go on but I think you get the idea. There truly is a wedding shower theme for every style and a wedding favor to match.
Bridal Shower Favors
Depending on what type of bridal shower you're having, you can bet there is a bridal shower favor to match! Here is a short list of the number of bridal shower favors available online:
- Beach themed favors
- Scented soaps
- Monogram favors
- Golf ball favors
- Wine bottle stopper favors
- Las Vegas themed favors
Again, the list could easily go on. No matter how unique your bridal shower theme, you should easily be able to find bridal shower favors to match your style!
Below are some pictures of bridal shower favors you might like. Simply click on the arrows to scroll through the many pictures I posted.
And as always, if you want free wedding tips and tricks, follow me on twitter.