- Gender and Relationships»
- Dating & Online Dating
Cheap Romantic Ideas For Her
Cheap and Romantic Dates
As guys, we enjoy doing something sweet for our ladies, and we enjoy seeing that beautiful smile on her face. Yet, sometimes we have the issue of not enough cash to take her somewhere nice or do something that may require a lot of money. Fortunately, there are always cheap romantic ideas for her that you can do to make her smile.
The fact that you are making the decision to do something sweet for your other half is romantic enough for her to be happy. Women love it when men take the time out of their day to do something sweet, and why wouldn't they? It's an act of love and romance from you to the one you love. So no matter the price, your girl will be excited and beaming with joy with whatever you do.
Picking out the right thing to do for the price can be a bit tricky. There have been times when I've wanted to take my wife out to do something fun, but I didn't have much money to spend on her. So I gathered some ideas for myself and realized that I may not be the only one who needs help in creating romantic ideas for her. So here are some tips that I thought of and some ideas that I've used.
- The first thing you want to do is evaluate how much money you have to spend. You don't want to accidentally go over nor do you want to be disappointed when you find out you didn't have enough. This will make the planning and the entire date go a lot smoother and it will also make you look prepared (which is a plus!)
- You want to also look around for local restaurants and sites. Most of your local places will be slightly cheaper than your highly known restaurants. They have lower prices to compete with the other competition, and most of the smaller restaurants have better food too. It's the best of both worlds!
- This may seem strange and awkward for a guy, but finding a special deal or a coupon will help out significantly in your quest for a cheap date. There are several sites online and even some great coupons in the newspaper that you can find. Either way, you want to make this date the best, so put in a little effort by doing things you may have not thought of doing before. It saves you money, and it shows that you're thrifty.
- A question I could challenge you with is this: Do you have to spend money for an event? If not, then put that into consideration. You could use the money you were going to spend into some flowers or food that you didn't have before. It will add to the experience without taking away from the wallet.
Still Stuck? Make it Personal
If you still aren't getting ideas, no worries! It happens to the best of us. What you should start thinking about is how you can make a cheap date more personal. The more personal it is, the more it becomes romantic (true fact.) Whenever you are scrounging around for something sweet, think of things that your significant other has been wanting to do for quite sometime. This is where the tricky part comes in.....
LISTEN TO HER! I cannot stress enough how much you need to listen to your girl. Before I continue my rant, I'm going to take you back to a place not too long ago...
Remember when you were trying to get your now current girlfriend to like you? You had to work at it! You needed to listen, to understand, and to know what she likes.
What happens when the guy gets the girl? He stops pursuing her!!! This is a mistake that no man should ever make. Instead of putting a hold on the pursuit, continue to go after her as if you're still getting her.
Back to my earlier rant; once you start to actually listen to your love, you'll start noticing the little things that she says. You probably wouldn't notice if you didn't take the effort into hearing what she had to say. That, my friend, is when you'll start getting a ton of ideas that you can do to take her out and let her know that you are paying attention.
Other Hubs With More Ideas For Your Girl
Some Ideas To Help
Here are some ideas that I've done with my wife before and after we were married, and they still work! It's never too challenging to find something to do, it's just making the decision and the effort to go for it!
(Bonus) - The women LOVE it when you make all the choices with certainty. If you leave it up to them, then it looks like you're fishing for an idea. I found that out, and now my wife adores me taking the initiative.
- Picnic at a local park
- Take a nice walk
- Buy a rose (most women prefer one rose over several)
- Hang out at a local coffee shop with free entertainment
- Make dinner together
- Play an outdoor game
- Watch a movie that you both love
- Write her little notes around the house
- Sing a song for her
- Take her to her favorite place
- Do something that you both have never done before
These are just ideas, so you can mix, match, and arrange these any way you want. I only put a few things that I think are great for any date that needs to be on the cheaper side. It's not a bad thing when you have to lower the amount of money to spend for your girl. Sometimes money can be tight and you have to make a few alteration, but that does not mean you won't have a good time. Most girls will be just happy to spend time with you.
The Cheap Guy Myth
When people hear cheap, they usually get the preconception that the guy is being lazy or doesn't feel as though the girl is worth the money; but there is a difference between finding cheap things to do for the right reasons or being a "cheap" guy. You will know what kind of guy you are, and I'm hoping that you know the difference.
Another thing to note is that you shouldn't always go for the cheap dates as they will make you look cheap, regardless of your intentions. Be considerate with your girl. I mean you are dating her because you care for her. Show her every once in a while that you want to and enjoy lavishing her with love. Save some money and do something extra special. Here's a little story about my life:
My Wife And I Were Cheap...
Before we were married, I had purchased a house and we accumulated quite a few bills to take care of when we got back from our honeymoon. It became a challenge to get caught up so we would be alright financially. It had been a struggle trying to learn our groove together, but I really wanted to show my newly-wedded wife that I loved her deeply (even though she knew). It took some effort and creativity to find things that we could do around town.
After searching around town, I took her all over Tulsa to places that we had never been before. They included hiking, bowling, downtown, geocaching, baseball games, walking alongside the river, fishing, lots of card games, and family get-togethers.
We ended up having more memories and adventures to recall in those few months than we have in our year and a half of marriage, and it was a blast! I take her to nice places now that we have more money to spend, but we will go back to some of the old places we visited in those few months because of the memories they bring.
The moral of the story is this: cheap doesn't always have to sacrifice fun.