- Gender and Relationships»
Creative and Romantic Date Ideas
There is no better feeling than spending time with your significant other. The typical dates to the movies or at restaurants can get quite boring after awhile. Take him or her out a date that they will never forget.
- Try out a new recipe together. Find a cookbook or use Google, to find a recipe that neither one of you has ever tried before. Prepare it together. Cooking can be a lot more fun than just going out to eat, and you can enjoy a nice home cooked meal together after you are done. Make sure to break out the candles for a more romantic touch.
- Pick up an cheap tie dying kit and plain white t-shirts , and make tie dyed shirts together. Not only is it a blast to create something together, but you will also always have the semi-matching shirts to keep as a memory. If you want to make the date a little more intimate, try tie dying each other sexy underwear.
- Enjoy your own personal photo shoot. Choose a place nearby that has pretty scenery. Parks, gardens, woods, and streams are some ideas, but really anywhere pretty will work. Put on nice outfits, and just go out an take pictures of each other. Take some together, separate, serious, and silly. You might be surprised at how good they turn out, and you have pictures that you can cherish forever.
- Have a game night together. This idea may seem cheesy, but a little friendly competition can be fun every once in awhile. Play bored games, Charades, or even video games. Game nights can actually make pretty entertaining dates, and it also gives you time to just sit back and have fun with each other (sure beats staring at a screen at the movies, doesn't it?)
- Teach your date something new. Think about your interests and share them with your date. Rather it be teaching them how to play pool, how to ride your motorcycle, how to cook your favorite food, or teaching them how to work on a car, learning something new is a great date idea. You could also sign up for classes to learn something new together. Yoga classes, dance classes: the options are endless!
- Relive your childhood together by having a cartoon date. Plan to meet early Saturday morning and eat your favorite children's cereal. Wear pajamas, and snuggle as you remember the way things used to be.
- Volunteer together. Giving back can be very rewarding. Contact your local animal shelter, schools, community centers, or volunteer agencies and choose a volunteer opportunity you both would enjoy.
- Create a time capsule together. Decorate a shoebox or any medium sized box. Put things in it that you would enjoy in the future. Write each other love letters (don't read each others before you put it in the box.) Write bucket lists of things you would like to do or accomplish in life before you open the time capsule. Add photos of you two together. Draw portraits of each other. Add anything you would like, and be creative. Choose a date that you would like to open the time capsule together (on your 3 year anniversary, on your wedding night, this day next year, etc) Opening the time capsule will be very fun, and it gives you the perfect reason for another date.
- Enjoy nature together. Lay in the grass and make shapes in the clouds, lay on a blanket and cuddle as you stare at the stars, take a stroll through the woods, have a picnic at the park, go swimming in a lake; do anything to get out of the house and spend some quality time together. Outdoor dates are always more romantic than indoor.
- Get active together. Go to a public court, and play basketball. Go to the pool or lake. Visit a skating or ice rink. Ride bikes or go for a walk together. Play Wii Sports , Just Dance, or other interactive video games.
- Nothing is more romantic than cuddling around a fire. Roast Hotdogs, and feed each other s'mores. Finish off the night by talking and enjoying the perfect mood set by the beautiful stars and the crackle of the flames.
Dates are a very important part of any relationship. It's those intimate, romantic moments that make you closer as a couple. Dates don't have to be expensive, complicated, or boring. Just use some creativity and you can plan a date to remember. If you have any more creative date ideas, please share them in the comments section below.