Daddy daughter love, Father son relationships - How to be a great dad and lovely quotes for a dad and his child.
Was your father a great role model in your life?
What makes a real man?
A real man in today's society has many traits. If you ask anyone they would probably come up with a different list depending on what you find attractive, if you're a woman, or what you admire, if you're a man.
One of the most desirable traits is if he can show himself as a family man. I have a good friend of mine that would never allow his girlfriend to push the pram (stroller) for his daughter. He said that he loved the attention he got from showing he was good to his daughter.
A lot of my female friends find a family man really attractive. A real man knows without a shadow of a doubt that his children are a true gift from God.
He is a teacher by example, he is the shining light in a child's world with how strong he is and how he protects them all from harm.
A true man shows his children a true devotion that will only enhance a child's confidence as they will see and feel how much they are loved.
"Awww, that is the cutest thing ever," my friend said one day as we walked in the park and a man was playing with his child, laughing and giggling with him all the way.
Being a great dad isn't the easiest job in the world. There will always be times when you think they deserve better, or at least you could have done better for them. I know there will be plenty of first time dads who read this and many dads who are there who will relate to the advice that comes next:
- Show an interest in everything they do. You need to spend quality time with your children. Drop everything for your children. Life is for living and you won't live more than when you hear your child laugh.
- Protect them. As a dad, one of your main roles is protector. Child-proof your house, teach them how to be safe themselves (for example by using your seatbelt etc.) Also make sure you protect them by having life insurance, car insurance, a will etc to protect them even if the worse happened.
- Show them you love them. Praise them, play with them, share magical moments with them, hug them, kiss them (never be scared to show them effection) and most of all talk and listen to them - this will do wonders for their self esteem. Bond with your child as soon as possible. Change nappies (diapers), do feeds, bath them, rock them to sleep in the middle of the night , read to them and put them to bed. All these traditional 'mom' things are ideal times for a real man to bond with his child.
- Read to them. This is not only great bonding time, but also one of the most important things you can do as a father for you child. Reading is a fundamental skill they will need for their entire life, the earlier you teach them about it the better. They will defenetly achieve better in school because of this quality time you spend together.
- Be good to their mom. Whether you are with her or not, you should always treat their mom with respect. Do not contradict her or fight with her in front of the children. Do not say anything nasty about her or disagree with what she does for them. This is not because she is always right, it is because your children's self identity is attached to how people view her (and yourself). Anything bad said about her and they will be offended too and upset because, in a way, you are critisising them too. Plus they love her to bits, like they love you, so they don't want to hear it. Show your children how a man treats a woman, and she will expect the same from a man who enters her life, and he will know how to treat a woman who enters his.
There are some great general quotes about a father's relationship with his children
Take a look below so see some of these great quotes:
A father has the most important job in the world;
He is there to show his daughter how she should be treated in this world by the way he treats her mother.
He also is there to show his son how to treat a woman by the way he treats his mother.
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone can give another person.
He believed in me.
- Jim Valvano
Any man can be a father.
It takes someone special to be a dad.
A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
A child looks up at the stars and wonders.
Great fathers put a child on his shoulders and helps them to grab a star.
Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children.
- Bill Cosby.
Dads are ordinary men who have been turned by love into heroes, adventures, story tellers, and singer of songs.
Dad: A son's first hero, a daughter's first love.
A man is not complete until he sees the baby he has made.
Father, daughter quotes:
The main reason my daughter needs a father is to show her not all boys are like the ones who hurt her.
A daughter may outgrow your lap but she will never outgrow your heart.
It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and the most precious thing in his life.
- Dawn French
Father, son quotes:
Every father should remember that one day his son will his example instead of his advice.
-Charles F. Kettering
Good fathers make good sons.
I asked my dad what he hoped his son would be when he grew up.
He replied, "A good person."
A real man is a great role model to any child. And children need great role models.
A woman can't replace a real man and what he can do for his child so all that needs to be done now is to make sure you are a real man and make sure you do your best for your child.