- Gender and Relationships»
- Dating & Online Dating
Dating: 10 Opening Lines That May Get A Positive Response
If you see someone and you're instantly drawn to them, you've got to go up and say something. That something better be powerful because it could make or break the situation. Knowing what to say doesn't always come easy though. Here are 10 conversation starters that you might try:
- "How do you like your steak cooked? I have a BBQ every Sunday afternoon." She won't know why you're asking her over on Sunday, but if you're lucky she could still be over from Saturday night.
- "I can picture us hiking in the woods on a beautiful day, and stopping for a picnic in a sunny spot." With this line you've already suggested a date. How easy is that?
- "You know the golf show is in town, but the cat show would be more fun. Would you like to go?" With this one you could substitute two different events if you'd like. Just use whatever's current in your town.
- "I don't know what I'd do without my phone. Don't you just love yours?" She might start telling you about the new model she just got, and who knows that could lead to going out.
- "You are so beautiful. I'd like to take your picture so I can remember your face." After she gasps and regains her composure you can say something like, "Make it easy for me to remember you by going out with me for a bite to eat." She'll like the fact that you didn't mess around. That you got straight to the point. It shows confidence.
- "How would you like to try this strawberry shortcake cocktail?" She won't know what to say when you pop up with a great drink like this. After she says she likes it you can ask her if she like to go drink tasting with you on Friday night.
- "What's your favorite thing to do outside of work?" Think about it. Whatever she says she likes to do, do it with her. Even if you don't necessarily like it, it's an opportunity to be with her. Then you can suggest some other activities you might do together."
- "You know you've got great style. Would you like to go to a fashion show some time?" She will be thrilled that you noticed her and complimented her style especially is she fashion forward. She won't believe that you'd go to a fashion show, but she'd love it.
- "I was so captivated by you when I got here I didn't want to leave without talking to you." This will get you in. After that you can talk about the happenings at your current local.
- "How would you like to put my number in there after you're finished texting?" Next, you'll have to give her a good reason to do it, like you're available for late night chats or something.