- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
Domestic Violence Help Agencies in Orlando, FL
According to the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence (FCADV), there was more than 200,000 domestic violence cases in the state.
That number does not represent the countless amounts of incidents of domestic abuse that go unreported.
The Florida Department of Children and Families reports that there are more than 40 certified domestic violence shelters across Florida's 67 counties.
In and around the Orlando area (Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties), there are three (3) domestic violence centers that provide shelter to abuse victims.
Orlando Domestic Violence Resources
There are non-profit agencies, faith based agencies, and state government agencies in and around Orlando (Central Florida Area) that provide counseling, shelter, and legal support to victims of domestic abuse.
If you believe you are in an abusive relationship, you can reach out to any one of these agencies. Organizations that provide crisis hotlines are usually there for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Choices-Changes Counseling Center - This program works in conjunction with Central Florida area court systems to provide monitored and supervised exchanges for court ordered clients. Choices-Changes is a licensed member of the Supervised Visitation Network. They are located in Sanford, FL and they can be reached at 407-268-4441
Circle of Friends Services, Inc - The program is a non-profit organization who specializes in trauma-based counseling for children ages 0-18 years of age. They work with children who have experienced issues such as physical abuse, sexual abuse, and severe neglected. Circle of Friends has offices in the Florida counties of Volusia, Flagler, Putnam, Seminole, Orange, Osceola, and Brevard. You can reach them at 386-473-4566
Office of the Florida Attorney General, Bureau of Victims Services - This state government operated agency provides assistance with victim compensation, relocation and address confidentiality. They can be reached by calling 386-238-4990 or 800-226-6667.
Office of the Florida State Attorney, 18th Judicial Circuit/Victim Services Division - This is another state government facility that duplicates the services of the Bureau of Victims Servies, and they are the prosecuting office for Seminole and Brevard Counties - you may reach them at 407-665-6112.
Orlando Area Domestic Violence Shelters
- Harbor House of Central Florida - Harbor House provides shelter, counseling, an outreach services, and a confidential school for children, and legal support Orange county and surrounding area victims of domestic abuse. Please call their 24 Hour Crisis Line @ 407-886-2856 to get help now.
- Safe House of Seminole - Safe House provides shelter, counseling, outreach services, and legal support to Seminole county and surrounding area victims of domestic abuse. Please call their 24 Hour Crisis Line @ 407-330-3933 to get help now.
- Help Now of Osceola - Help Now provides shelter, counseling, legal support and outreach services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Osceola and surrounding area victims of domestic violence. Please call their 24 Hour Crisis Line @ (407) 847-8562 to get help now. If you are a victim of sexual assault, please dial their dedicated 24 hour crisis line @ 407-847-4668.
- Elizabeth House, Inc. - Elizabeth House is a faith based organization that provides a transition home for women and children who are victims of domestic violence. They provide transitional shelter, counseling,legal assistance, parent support groups, and self sufficiency skills to clients. Call 407-968-9922 for more information.