- Gender and Relationships
Easiest Way to be More Confident
Confidence is a feeling that you think you are capable of doing. You may feel more optimistic and positive about things. People might tell you, "Be more confident!" But it's not as easy as it sounds. It's hard to build up your confidence especially when you've always been on the shelf or laid back about things or just been the submissive type. How does one build up self confidence?
- Knowing and believing in yourself is the first step. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Have faith that you can do things that others do.
- Be smart with your behaviour. It means to be polite and have a strong personality. It doesn't mean to be aggressive.
- Be stylish with what you wear. It doesn't mean that you have to wear fashionable, trendy or expensive clothes. As long as your clothes suit you and you are comfortable with it, you will create your own style and thus, be more confident automatically.
- If you learn something, learn it properly. Don't learn it partially and have just a brief idea. If you have strong knowledge on a topic, you are able to talk about it more confidently. This way, you will slowly but surely build up your self confidence.
- Always pick your chin up, look straight ahead and make eye contact when conversing. These are signs of your confidence.
- Always have a smile. It might be tough but you will get used to it. If you are dealing with an uncomfortable situation, then instead of having a sad look or fake smile pasted on your face, it's always best to just smile genuinely, overcoming that situation.
- If you are delivering a speech or presentation, keep yourself busy. Having time on your hands is just telling you to be more nervous.
- Exercise and do meditation. It's important to be mentally and physically fit. If you are fit, then you become confident.
- Confront your fear and overcome it. It can be a powerful confidence booster. It might take time to overcome your of course, but with time, you can do it.
- Everyone is creative, some maybe more than others. Use your imagination and create something. Your confidence level will increase when you feel it's successful even more so when others appreciate it.
- Always be positive. Being negative is not a way to be confident.
- Never compare yourself to others. If you do that, obviously, you'll find some who are way ahead of you. Just compare yourself with yourself and try to improve. You'll see yourself growing in confidence.
- Avoid perfectionism. That keeps you from completing something and you'll lose confidence when you don't succeed.
Looking at all this, it might seem that it's hard to be confident. But it's all about taking small steps to larger chances. Be confident and be happy!