- Gender and Relationships
Enjoy being Single
Being happily single
There have been some recent hot topic questions about being single as opposed to married or being in a committed relationship. I find that being single creates such a happiness and freedom that I have never found in a committed relationship.
I work around people all day and so when I get home I love to be able to run a hot bubble bath or go to the gym for a swim or treat myself to a nice dinner as opposed to coming home to someone else asking what's for dinner? and when are you coming home? etc...I don't want to talk to anyone when I get home. I just want to create a peaceful relaxing haven of bliss, light some candles, meditate, watch a foreign movie or read a good book.
It's just a matter of freedom as opposed to worrying about someone else. Some may say that, that is so very selfish. If you stop and think about the word selfish it just means more like yourself. So who wouldn't want to be more like themselves most or all of the time If not all the time for that matter?
Being single doesn't have to mean being lonely. I have friends over for dinner sometimes, when I feel like it or go to a play or a movie with them and also on my own. I love taking classes at the free university from time to time and some are very interesting and fun. For instance, soap making and different cooking classes and making cheese, wine tasting, etc...just pure fun, things that evoke my creativity.
The best part of being single is not having to answer to anyone but yourself. Freedom is so very wonderful. I know some couples can create freedom in their relationships too but it seems as if that is not often the case. But if you are single out there and are feeling lonely go take a class or do something out of the ordinary from your normal daily routine. I never feel lonely I always find something to do or nothing at all, whatever I please.
Top 10 reason being single is great:
1. You have the bed to yourself ( no one to kick you in the middle of the night or wake you with their cold feet or snore so you can't sleep.). Just nice luxurious restful sleep, where you can stretch out instead of squishing into one side.
2. Independence! ( no one trying to control you, you are independent of another)
3. Freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want. ( So if you want to raid the fridge whenever, go for it or walk around naked if you want without being propositioned or leave the dishes in the sink till the next day just because or take a bubble bath without being interrupted by someone else using the bathroom or a myriad of other things)
4. You don't have to tolerate watching football or stupid guy movies , you can rent or watch what you are interested in.
5. You don't have in laws to deal with.
6. You can eat anything you want whenever you want with no one judging you.
7. Peace of mind, being able to have true quiet time , no annoying interruptions.
8. You can wear what you want without any judgment, like sweats or big flannel p.j.'s .
9. You don't have to have a perfectly clean apt. or house all the time , you can do laundry every 2 weeks instead of every week. Again no one to judge your every move.
10. Your birthdays and special occasions are never forgotten. You can celebrate something every day if you so choose just for the heck of it.
The main thing is you can just be yourself all the time not someone's wife or someone's mother or someone's girlfriend but just you. There is a great sense of identity that when you are a couple you sometimes lose. Not all couples lose their individual identity but most do if you are together for a long time.
Life is so very short. Enjoy it to the fullest ,whatever that means for you. For me it's being single and free.