ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel
  • »
  • Gender and Relationships»
  • Marriage

How To Bring Your Filipina Fiancee to the US

Updated on April 19, 2011

Online dating has now become very popular most especially to men who wants to marry women from other countries or those who don't want to go out to find a date. Men who used to be shy to ask a girl out now has other ways to meet someone. It can be online first and once they have known each other so well by online correspondence, a personal meeting then follows. Women as well, who wants to marry someone who is older, more secured, more stable emotionally and financially and more responsible men can now meet someone through online dating. Someone who wants to try online dating though should be extra careful as there are many men and women out there who just wants to find someone whom they can victimize. It is important to know the person really well first before trusting in them.

Online dating sites increase their members daily and many more are joining everyday. Thousands of single, divorced, widowed and even separated men and women try their luck in love online. As an Asian myself, I have already heard many stories of couples who met online, fell in love and decided to marry. A high percentage of these couples are now living a happy married life.

Some people though may try to scam you but in online dating, you always have to follow your instincts. Sending money before meeting the person or even before marriage is not recommended as this will allow scammers to be able to collect money from unsuspecting individuals. So if you are in an online relationship, better save your money till you meet each other or better yet, till you finally decided to tie the knot.

When you finally found the love of your life, your problem now is how to start the process of bringing your fiancee to the US. The US embassy website mentions two ways on how to do this. The first is through the K1 or the Fiancee Visa and the other one is through the Spousal Visa.

Below are sites, information on how the two are different of each other and the relevant information as well as the guides on how to do each process. This will give you a clearer idea on which step to take, is it through the K1 or Fiancee Visa or the Spousal Visa?

Filipina Fiancee Visa - this site will give you more information on how to bring your filipina fiancee to the US. If you plan to bring her throught the Filipina K1 or Fiancee Visa, then this site will be a great help. It also has listing of the requirements that you need to prepare for the process like the I-134 or the Affidavit of Support, Evidence of genuine relationship and many more. It also gives a detailed sequence on how the process will go.

Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa Basics) - this site explains to you what a Fiancee Visa really is and gives you the step by step process on how yo do the application. From the I-129F Petition filing at USCIS until the issuance of the Fiancee Visa at the US Embassy.

Spousal Visa or the CR1 Visa or IR1 Visa - a couple can apply for this visa if they have been married already outside of the United States. The spousal visa has 2 kinds: the CR1 Visa or IR1 Visa. If the couple has been married for less than 2 years, they can apply for the CR1 Visa or the "Conditional Resident" Visa, however, if their marriage is more than 2 years already, they can apply for the IR1 Visa or the "Immediate Relative" Visa.


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.