First Anniversary Ideas: The Paper Anniversary
Celebrating your first anniversary as husband and wife is one of the most cherished times of your life. Fresh romance and a year full of brand new memories will give you something fantastic to celebrate! For our first wedding anniversary, my husband and I decided to keep things on the simple side. We opted for traditional gifts and a romantic vacation. It was perfect! Here are a few ideas to celebrate your first anniversary!
For traditionalists like us, choose paper things to give each other.
- Gift cards (this totally counts as paper)
- Love Letters
- Make art out of your vows.
- Books - If you like to read, pick out a good book for eachother
- Get photos taken and make a photo book.
- Make use of origami. Make some shapes together or exchange them as gifts.
- Make a "mixed tape" on a cd and put it in a paper case.
- Make a paper airplane and leave it somewhere with the directions/name of a restaurant or hotel.
- Get personalized stationary
If you aren't going for tradition, just get or make something that's personal. It's the thought that counts. I love homemade gifts more than anything else in the whole world. Be creative and make whatever-it-is special!
What We Did
For our first anniversary, we decided to stay with tradition. It's the paper anniversary so we exchanged love letters on fancy paper and got each other a book. Sweet and Simple. Just the way we like it.
We also went on a cruise for a few days. We both had vacation time so we went to explore the Caribbean! It was absolutely wonderful. We had romance and adventure all in one!
When we came home, we talked about how we wanted to celebrate future anniversaries, so we made an ongoing wish list of places/activities. We are going to pick one every year!
Places to Go
We love this idea! Pick places that are full of charm and romance, or places that are fun and adventurous (depending on your personalities)!
We made this list of places we would like to go:
- Florida Keys
- Alaska (somewhere where we can see the Northern Lights)
- California - Northern Part
- Charleston, SC
- Atlanta, GA
- Nashville, TN
- A big lake somewhere
- Texas (San Antonio)
- Savannah, GA
Things to Do
There are some things that both of us find incredibly romantic/just awesome in general, so we also made a list of some things we want to experience together.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Scuba Diving
- Wine Tasting/Beer Tasting
- Finding somewhere in the middle of no-where and exploring
- Beach. Anything.
- See the Northern lights in Alaska
- Sleep in a fancy treehouse. Google it. Its in Texas.
- Go to Cedar Point, Six Flags, Bush Gardens, Discovery Cove, Disneyland, etc. (no kids allowed)
- Martha's Vineyard
- Ride horses
- Hike something famous for a bit like the Appalachian Trail