- Gender and Relationships»
- Singles Life
Free To Be Free: Happy Being Single
Freeeeedom, freeeedom, gotta love what you do!
Just broke up? Single for a while? Enjoy the silence!
Whether you've been recently separated from a long term relationship or have been single for some time, you've probably learned to enjoy the silence. There's a bittersweet moment as you travel through Singledom when you realize how wonderful it is to revel in your own mastery-- not a soul to have to please, cater to or measure up to their standards. I call it the Zen of the single life
Would you like to learn more about this phenomenon? Tell me what your needs are and I can cater to them.
It's been a good four years since I've been separated from my ex. I spent fifteen years living for others, never once wondering if there was more to life. It was only thanks to my divorce that I opened my "third eye"-- the one of enlightenment, evolving and empowerment in my own journey in life.
Would you like to unleash the strength within you? What are your needs? Do you want to peek into your future to have better focus?
Since my time off and ability to come to terms with my new surroundings, I've made a few amazing discoveries. Some I'll list for you:
- You will only get ahead in life if you assert yourself. No one is capable of reading minds (no matter what you read at the circus). Put yourself out there and don't back down when it comes to finding sources for your dreams to come true.
- If you don't step on a few toes to get where you want to go, no one will realize how great you are and just "grant you" what you want. For nice people (like me), this seems near impossible. But as a person who got tired of being the "victim," I decided it's time to stop the cycle of abuse and become the aggressor instead of the attacked. Believe me: you're much better off being on the strong side.
- Life isn't fair, so stop expecting to be rewarded for good deeds. Or as some have said, "no good deed gets unpunished." Bad people in this world feed on good people's weaknesses. Don't be someone's b*tch.
- Happiness is not owed to you-- you have to reach it on your own. The saying, "you complete me" is hogrubbish. Only YOU can complete you. A relationship with another person who adds meaning to your life is a bonus only few of us get to achieve. And let me remind you: many of the couples you see around you aren't that happy, they're just together out of convenience. I'd rather be happy single than miserable in the wrong relationship.
- You are the only one holding you back or moving forward in your dreams. For years, I noticed procrastinators around me spend countless hours talking about their plans for the future. In fact, these same people are career procrastinators, no action. I've been the type to "just do it" like Nike and do instead of talk about what I want to accomplish. I like to surprise people with my success rather than disappoint with promises I can never keep.
Wherever you are in life-- there you are. If you're single, take it as a step to further yourself in whatever it is you want to achieve. You and I know there are a lot of people struggling in relationships where they feel like they can't do what they are passionate about because their significant other wouldn't approve. Now, that's an entirely different subject that I'd like to talk about, but now I'm focused on singles.
How would you like to be a part of a new movement in mind, body, soul awareness that takes you beyond our present day and brings the past and future into focus? If you'd like to learn more, leave your comment or message me in private.
Be well, take care of yourself and surround yourself with loving people. The rest will take care of itself.