Gender and Relationships Template
Before you Begin it's Incredibly Important to...
Choose a good title. A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you will have a difficult time garnering search traffic. A good title:
- Consists of a common term someone would use when conducting a search on your Hub's subject
- Is clear, concise, descriptive, specific, and sounds organic
- Does not repeat keywords - don't, don't keyword stuff your title, subtitles, or text!
- Is directly related to the content of your Hub
Lastly, type your title into Google and see what articles show up as the first results. If you can beat the results with a better, more informative Hub then go for it! If not, we recommend trying a new title or choosing another topic.
For more information on crafting a good title, check out our Learning Center guide on title creation.
High-Quality, Long-Format Content Is King!
Today's online writing world is incredibly competitive! In order to build trust with search engines and build a following, online writers have to be exceptional. To increase your chances of success, we recommend that your Hubs:
Engage your Readers With a High-Quality First Photo!
Keep Your Readers on Your Hub With a Great Introduction!
When beginning a Hub, we recommend jumping right in.
Some things you might do when introducing your Hub:
- Answer the question of your title right off the bat so that your readers don't hit the dreaded back button to continue searching on their topic somewhere else
- Share some fascinating statistics or facts about subject you are covering
- Explain why you are particularly well suited to be writing a Hub on this subject (Have you had personal experience with the interpersonal issue on which you are providing information?)
- Give a brief overview of the information you will be covering in the Hub
- Make your capsule subtitle search friendly (We don't recommend a subtitle like "Introduction" or "Relationships". The first subtitle is not a term someone might type into Google or Bing, and the second is too general- you will never be able to compete with the top results.)
- Don't forget to proofread your first paragraph- careless grammar and spelling errors will prompt your readers to quickly hit the back button
Incorporate Only Original or Legally Used and Attributed Images
Be Sure to Use Search-Friendly Subtitles
Though capsule subtitles are entirely optional, including them in your Hubs and making sure they are search friendly can make your Hub even more likely to be found via search engines (and this is how most Hubs gain traffic). Plus, subtitles help break up your Hub into manageable pieces; a must for online writing!
What is a search-friendly subtitle?
- A subtitle that is short and descriptive (e.g. Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Men)
- A subtitle that matches common search terms (e.g. 15th Anniversary Ideas)
In other words, you should craft subtitles for capsules the same way you craft a title for your Hub!
Polls Are Great for Relationship Hubs!
Adding a poll to Hubs about gender and relationship content can add insight and additional information to your content. We recommend asking your readers to weigh in on topics that might influence the overall opinion.
Use the Poll Capsule to:
- Engage your readers and encourage active participation
- Analyze what is important to your readers and augment your content to reflect what they want or need
- Solidify your opinion by backing it up with user feedback
- Add a bit of humor to your Hub
Increase Engagement by Adding a Poll
What is the Secret to Your Marriage?
You Can Never Have Too Many Photos!
Don't Be Afraid to Do Additional Research!
In order to beat out the competition, your Hub must be better than other articles on the subject it addresses. Check out your competition by typing your title into Google and analyzing your competition.
Supplementing Hubs in which you share your personal tips with additional information can give them a great competitive edge. If you've gone through a divorce and are writing on the topic, share insights you have gained from personal experience.
Your personal opinion is valuable. While it shouldn't be the main focus of your Hub, don't shy away from giving your Hubs a personal feel.
Add a Table to Your Hub for Concrete Data!
Modern Day Gift
Are you Providing Concrete Facts?
The more specific facts, tips, and figures you can add to your Hub, the better! Give your readers facts on your topic that will be interesting and useful.
- Bulleted and numbered lists offer a great way to provide this information in a format that is easy to read and disseminate
- Gender and relationship issues can be quite subjective- when you provide your readers with new, concrete information they are more likely to trust your work
Add Relevant Video
If, in the midst of some research, you came across a great video, don't hesitate to add it to your Hub! It might entice readers into staying with your page a bit longer, plus it can be an excellent source of additional information on which you might not be an expert.
You might search for videos:
- Showcasing your topic in a new way
- Sharing more about your topic
- Offering tips about your topic
Add Additional, Relevant Capsules
Feel free to add other relevant capsules to your Hub by clicking the "Insert Capsule" icon! The following capsules could be a great addition:
- Map Capsule to show location-based information
- Quiz Capsule to test your readers
- Text and Photo Capsules to add additional information
Good luck and Happy Hubbing!