- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
Get a boy to like you - solution
So, you want to get a boy to like you? Well, its easy when you know how. In brief, to get a boy to like you, you need to develope yourself in two ways. First of all be aware of your outward appearance and how it plays a part in attracting members of the opposite sex and secondly you need to work on your inner self to ensure you have attractive characteristics. By improving yourself in this way, there will be various payoffs, one of which may be that you greatly increase your chances of getting a boy to like you , although it's not guaranteed.
Assess and improve your outward appearance
It is important that you take care of your appearance, this signals that you care about yourself enough to look after yourself. There is a difficult balance, you want to look as if you look after yourself, but not so much that you look like you spend hours in the bathroom. What you are aiming for is an "effortless natural best" look.
Most of the following tips are fairly obvious but it doesn't harm to repeat them.
Personal Hygeine - Pay attention to personal hygeine, make sure you smell fresh by having a shower everyday, using a subtle deodorant and having clean teeth and fresh breath.
- Personal Grooming - Pay attention to your personal grooming - keep your finger nails clean and trimmed, (don't forget your toenails), trim your hair and get rid of any split ends. treat skin problems such as spots, but don't be obsessed over them, everyone gets spots.
- Weight - If you are unhealthily overweight, loose some weight for your own benefit.
- Posture - Assess and improve your posture. How you carry yourself says a lot about you. Stand up straight, tummy in, chest out, shoulders down, relax and carry yourself with confidence. Move around in a relaxed way.
- Smile and look happy and relaxed.
- Your voice and speech. Pay attention to the tone of your voice, the way you speak and the words you use. Sometimes, the less you say the better, it adds an air of mystery and quiet confidence
- Dress in a current style. You don't need to be overly fashionable, just wear an outfit that is clean, based on classic styles with a few trendy items added.
- Wear something interesting - If he doesn't know you exist, this will help you to get his attention. If he comments on the item, even better, this gives you the excuse to start a conversation with him.
- Look sensual. the idea here is to make him want to touch you. For example, wear something like a soft snuggly sweater with a bit of mohair in that will make him want to cuddle you as it is so soft. If you are lucky, your hair may have a really sensual style and make him want to run his hands through it. Other sensual fabrics silk, a silk blouse or dress begs to be touched.
- Smell sensual - if you want to appeal to his sense of smell, amke sure you smell subtly femenine. Go for a light fresh floral perfume. Don't wear anything cheap, it is better to wear no perfume than to smell cheap.
- Move in a sensual way. Be aware of how you move, try to move in a slow and sensual way, don't rush around.
Assess and improve your inner self
This is the second half of where you may need to work on yourself and is the most important. It is no good being good looking if what lies underneath is pure ugliness.
Some of the following qualities are good to develope and are attractive to men.
Be femenine - No man wants to go out with a girl who is like one of the lads. You are a woman, be proud of that, it is your strength. Enjoy your femeninity and act like a woman rather than a man.
Kindness and compassion Have an awareness of other people and show kindness to others where ever possible. Life is a hard struggle for a lot of people and a little kindness goes a long way.
Respect for your self and others - Learn to love and respect yourself, and others, no matter how hard it seems at times. Be respectful to your family. A boy will often look at how you treat other members of your family as it is usually an indication of how you will eventually treat her once the novelty has worn off.
Become an attentive listener Most people prefer to talk about themselves, rather than listening to others, so become a good listener and people will soon start saying "He is so easy to talk to".
Playfulness and sense of humour . All man likes a woman with a sense of humour who can make him laugh, so develope your sense of humour but make sure it it genuine and kind. Never use humour to put other people down in order to make yourself look good. Be playful with him and tease him.
Be able to communicate in an open and honest way. A lot of relationships start on a superficial level, with lots of joking around, but are only able to develope into something more serious if both people involved are able to commincate in an open and honest way with each other. This is called developing rapport.
Be aware of body language in communication - Body language or non-verbal communication is really interesting. You can use it to find out if someone likes you or to signal that you like them. The signals are often very subtle and you may find it useful to communicate in this way. Look up some articles on body language on the internet.
Confidence Have confidence in your self, if you don't no one else will. Too boost your confidence, look back at your life so far and think about all the things you achieved, whether it was achieving a goal or passing an exam. You did it! You can do it again if you put your mind to it. Use this to boost your confidence. Confidence is apparently the number one thing that attracts a woman to a man. Make sure it is a quiet confidence though rather than an arrogant cockiness.
Deal with any issues that you may have If you have a problem with things such as drugs or alchohol, or emotional issues such as anger or abusive relationships, or poor time management such as always being late, deal with them first for your own sake. These issues are your issues. It is best to clear them up before you enter into a relationship with another person as it is unfair to expect them to deal with it too.
Take up one or all of the following hobbies:
- Voluntary work - Helping others helps get you out of yourself and gives you a greater awareness of other people in the world. It gives you a different perspective on life and can be incredibly fulfilling knowing that you have helped someone else. It adds another dimension to yourself which people will find interesting and you can talk about.
- Dancing - Lots of boys/men dream of finding a woman who has a good sense of rhythm and can dance. So, go to a dance class, dancing gets you into the rhythm or flow of life. It also enables you to have greater self awareness and connect with your inner self and with others. If a girl has a good rhythm on the dance floor, it signals that she may also have good rhythm in the bedroom too.
- Yoga or Meditation - Yoga and meditation is good for you on many levels. Both are a good way to help relieve stress and promote a sense of peace and calmness. It enhances your mental and emotional health. It also helps develope your concentration skills as you focus your awareness on the current moment. It is also good spiritual practice.
Develope positive thinking and energy - Develope a positive can-do attitude and positive energy. This will make people enjoy being around you. Having a negative attitude and low energy level puts people off.
Have a purpose in life or goals that you are working towards - A woman who knows what she wants and where she is going in life is attractive to men. By having a clear path a man can decide whether he wants to travel with you on that path too.
Read religious books such as the bible - These books gives good guidelines on what qualities are important for a woman to develope in order for her to be successful in the world. These guidelines are timeless and have stood the test of time. Many of the tips I am giving can be found in the bible.
Persistence - don't give up. Sometimes it takes time for a man to see you in a new light. I have a friend who was pursued by a man for many years. At first she wasn't interested in him and he stood on the side lines watching as she went from one disasterous relationship to another. However, he was always there for her as a friend and his persistance finally paid off - they are now married.
If all this seems like too much hard work try something counter-intuitive.
Practise Non-attachment - This is a very Buddhist way of thinking, which when I have applied it in my life I have experienced some interesting results. The philosophy is that suffering is caused by attachment, either to people, things or thoughts.
You want a boy or man to like you and you may be suffering because of it. So don't be so attached to this person, don't think about him constantly. In effect, let him go.
Say to yourself:
"I don't need this man, I am happy as I am. If he likes me he likes me, if he doesn't, it doesn't matter. I am happy as I am".
Think of him and say to yourself, "I let go of my attachment to you and I wish you well in your life". Then let your attachment go. You will probably feel a great sense of emotional relief as you let him go followed by a deep feeling of peace. Enjoy that feeling.
You really don't need to try so hard to get a boy or man to like you. There are billions of boys and men out there. The world is an exciting place. You are going to meet lots of men throughout your life who are all beautiful and amazing in their own unique way. Treat them well and enjoy their company.