- Gender and Relationships»
Great Romantic Nights and Getaways in New Jersey/Philadelphia Area For Military and Others!
Whenever you move to a new area learning the roads, finding the nearest grocery store and making sure your kids are enrolled for school usually take top priotiy. But how about for when you want that romantic night out or weekend away with your special someone?
It can be daunting searching through all the websites to find that great deal or special place that has just the right touch. Well I've done the work for you! At least for our area that is. :) Here is a list of some of the best romantic getaway spots I've found in the NJ/Philadelphia, JB MDL area AND the ones that have great military discounts as well!
Cape May, NJ
What could be more romantic then a weekend away at the Jersey Shore. Wait no I'm not talking Snookie Jersey Shore. I mean Historic Cape May, NJ. This place is chock full of things to do. They have tons of restored historic homes you can tour, Ghost tours, beaches (Some free! See previous hubs!), shops and antique stores, historic spots to visit, amazing water sport activities, and some of the best bird and dolphin watching cruises in the state!
Here are some of the great romantic Bed and Breakfasts I have found in Cape May that aren't only gorgeous but also offer military discounts!
1. The Mission Inn - Not only is is gorgeous and offers a wide array of room choices, but they also offer a 10% military discount! Need I also mention they are ranked as the #2 B and B on Tripadvisor? Check out their website here: http://www.missioninn.net/policies.html
2. Victorian Lace Inn - Gorgeous period rooms, wonderful food and military discount! They are ranked #8 on Tripadvisor for Cape May B and Bs. They also offer several Romantic Getaway packages too. They offer a 10% military discount all year round and every Veteran's day they pick select couples to receive a night FREE! Check out their website here: http://www.victorianlaceinn.com
3. Angel of the Sea - You see this place and its awe inspiring. Its like stepping back to 100 years ago at the Jersey Shore and doing it top fashion! This place has won tons of awards and is just beautiful to look out. The rooms are just as lovely as the outside as well! Check out their website here: http://www.angelofthesea.com
Pennsylvania Dutch Country
Experience Pennsylvania Dutch Country and the beautiful landscape. This place is especially gorgeous in the fall when the leaves are turning. There are many small towns and villages to stop and shop and make memories. There are many Amish markets and historic spots to visit in the area. Or just stay in bed and enjoy the day until its time to go out for that romantic dinner. ;)
Here are some of the great top ranked romantic Bed and Breakfasts I have found in the Lancaster Area.
1. Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast - This place is a quaint little B and B and is ranked #1 on TripAdvisor for the Lancaster Area. They also offer a 10% discount to all active and retired military personal. Check out their website here: www.lovelacemanor.com
2. The EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast - Very country-style rooms and suites and ranked #5 on Tripadvisor for the area. They offer a 10% military discount year round and have tons of different packages for all types including foodies, relaxing, sights and sounds, and more! Check out their website here: http://www.ejbowmanhouse.com/
3. Spruce Lane Lodge & Cottages - You can either stay in the lodge room, which are located in a converted barn, or stay in one of the cottage rooms which are set up with everything you need for romance and seclusion and have gorgeous cathedral ceilings! One other benefit is they are open all year round not just in season. They rates are incredibly reasonable for those on a budget. They do offer $3 a night for military, but the rates are so low it really doesn't matter! Check out their website here: http://www.sprucelanelodge.com
Philadelphia is under an hour from JB MDL and a great place for a romantic get away for those city lovers. After all, it is the city of Brotherly Love. Here are some great hotels in Philadelphia that really amp up the luxury and romance!
1. Four Seasons Philadelphia - This hotel is set up like like a "small corner of Paris". It has a gorgeous courtyard with a swan fountain. Its close to all the important shopping areas and it's a 5 star hotel. What more could you want! They offer military discounts per hotel under the government rate. Just call to ask what the rate will be when you book for your stay. Check out their website here: http://www.fourseasons.com/philadelphia/
2. La Reserve Center Bed and Breakfast - Feeling simliar to european bed and breakfasts, this B and B is set in Central Philadelphia in the heart of the city. Close to all the major tourist attractions and shopping They do also offer a military discount, so call to check for your dates. Check out their website here: http://www.lareservebandb.com/
3. Rittenhouse 1715 - Boutique Hotel - Boutique hotels are very popular in the U.S. and the U.K. They have luxury facitlies but a smaller atmosphere then the large chain hotels. They are located in Rittenhouse square, which is one of the richest neighborhoods in Philadelphia. They have 23 rooms to choose from and are rated as the #3 hotel in Philadelphia on Tripadvisor. For more information check out their website here: http://www.rittenhouse1715.com/
New York City
New York City. Everyone wants to visit there at some point in their lives. It is the mecca for activity 24/7 and for city lovers this could be the perfect place for that romantic weekend getaway. The musuems, the shows, the shopping, its all there for those who would rather spend the weekend strolling down the streets hand in hand while seeing the sights. Here are some of the most romantic hotels in NYC I've found.
1. Park Central New York - Located in Midtown Manhatten near Central Park and Times Square, this hotel is located right near the subway line so that you can park in NJ and take the train in. Rates are very reasonable for NYC, especially for a 4-star hotel. They also have great package and discount deals regularly on their website. Check out their website here: http://www.parkcentralny.com/
2. Empire Hotel - This is another Boutique hotel in the heart of NYC. Very romantic with rooms, Jr. suites and full sized suites, at reasonable rates. They also have many different packages from those including chamange and a king size bed and to bed and breakfast. They do also offer a military discount! Call with your dates when you book and make sure you ask for it. For more information check out their website here: http://www.empirehotelnyc.com/
3. The Michelangelo Hotel - At this hotel it is said you will feel like you are going to Italy. Guest rooms have a variety of different themes such as art deco, country french, and neoclassical. Its just a few blocks from Central Park and shopping and 98% of guests recommend it on Expedia. They offer rooms and suites that are the utmost in luxury. The website of the entry made me drool. :) Check out their website here: http://www.michelangelohotel.com
Rest assured I didn't forget the outdoorsy types! Camping can be super romantic. Cuddled around the fire, laying on a blanket watching the stars and smooching, and of course having to sleep close together to stay warm. ;) Here are some great camping areas I have found in the area that really can help with the romance.
1. Dingmans Ferry Campground - Dingmans Ferry, PA - We have stayed at this place many many times and loved it. Its clean and well kept. There are bathrooms with showers and you can fish in the Delaware River. There are also several waterfalls in the area to hike and enjoy. The rates are reasonable and the camp sites are very large! Check out their website here: http://www.dingmanscampground.com/
2. Turtle Run Campground - Wading River, NJ - Located in the NJ Pinelands, you are really getting to nature at this place. Deep in the forest they offer tent, RV and even cabins that sleep up to 6 people. Walk through the woods and see what you can find while hiding behind a tree to smooch. Check out their website here: http://www.turtleruncampground.com/
Bed and Breakfastss and Hotels Closer to Home
For those of us who don't have a weekend to get away and just want a romantic night check out these bed and breakfasts and hotels in the area.
1. Inn of the Dove - Located in Cherry Hill, NJ, which is not far from base, they offer many different style and theme suites at reasonable rates. Check it out at their website here: http://www.innofthedove.com/
2. Inn at Laurita Winery - New Egypt, NJ - Located SUPER close to base, this B and B is formerly known as Dancer Farm. Its quiet and quaint, with regular specials that run regularly and a 10% military discount year round. They have a spa onsite with many different services. All the rooms are themed, but not in that cheesy low budget hotel way. Check out their website here: http://www.innatlauritawinery.com
3. Feather Nest Inn - Cherry Hill, NJ - They offer 15 different themed rooms ranging from Ice cave, to Treasure Island, to Futuristic. These is a cool place for people who like to have fun while they are being romantic. They don't just have themed suites though. They have Fantasy Suites, Romantic Suites, and Standard rooms as well. Check out their website here for some of the pics of these cool rooms: http://www.feathernestinn.com/
For more of my hubs please click on courtyb3.hubpages.com
And remember too click the "thumbs up" below this and click on a comment of what ya think of this hub article! Thanks for your support!