- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice»
- Breaking Up
Breakups in Digital Era
When we are dealing with a breakup, the first and most popular question that we ask is "How to get over him/her?" For sure there is no hard and fast rules in getting over someone we truly loved. There is no mathematical formula invented on how long it will take before we totally move on.
Some people would say that the best way to win a breakup is by finding hobbies, some would say by exercising or working out and others would say by meeting new people.
Now that we are in the digital period where everything is taken over by our mobile phones, gadgets and laptops, even moving on has evolved in the form of mobile applications. Yes! There are some apps that would help us get over a heartbreak. These are some of the free breakup applications available in Google Play Store or App Store.
- Mend - It's like a daily breakup coach wherein we log our mood, listen to different topics about breakup that will help us feel better and after which, we will write in a journal about the topics that we've listened to. We also log our breakup date and our last contact with our ex. We can also read or submit articles about anything related to breakups. This is free to download but it has a paid version for the full training.
- 7 Cups - It's a community not just focusing on breakups but all other personal issues such as depression, loneliness, anxiety, relationship issues, etc. We can either be a member or a trained listener. When we decided to become a listener, we will undergo trainings to help us become an active listener. We talk to different people with different issues and if their issues are beyond our knowledge, we refer them to a therapist. As a listener, we get reviews and we progress in your career path as we complete each required task. We also get to interact with other listeners if we need a mentor. This app is absolutely free.
- RX Breakup - It has the same format as Mend but less interactive. It tells us what's happening (explanation of our current situation and feelings), what to write, what to do (small activities that will help us cope with the breakup) and other things (small reminders and quotes). We can also save some of our emergency contacts in the event of drunk calling/texting our exes, list down our mood elevators, list down major red flags about our exes and many more. This is also a daily breakup trainer so we need to check in daily to open all other trainings/activities.
These are just some of the applications that could help us get over our exes. Surely, there's no easy way to mend a broken heart but it won't hurt to try these apps as they have pretty good advice. But most of all, don't be in a hurry to move, healing takes time but we'll move on. Believe that.