Retirement Messages for Teachers (Includes Funny Quotes)
What to Say When Someone Retires
What do you write in a retirement card? How do you congratulate someone on retirement? What to say to someone who is retiring from teaching (or from work) and who has played an important role in your (or your child's) life can be a challenge. It can be time-consuming to find just the right words to express congratulations to them on their retirement. The person who is retiring from service has worked assiduously to teach basic skills we'll need to realize our full potential in future.
It is now time to pay back by wishing the retirees all the very best in their future endeavors and thanking them for their years of hard work, time and effort imparting knowledge unto the future leaders. You can include funny retirement quotes and sayings in your note or letter to make it very interesting and different among the hundreds of cards they will receive. A personalized card message is sure to remain forever in their memory.
To get ideas on what to say or write, here are samples you can refer to. If you wish, you can send some of these short retirement wishes via text/SMS, email, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any of the social networking sites.
What to Say to Someone Who Is Retiring from Teaching
Sample Retirement Card Messages (From Students)
- I'm so excited to say that the knowledge you have imparted unto me is immeasurable, and also to let you know that your valuable lesson doesn't go unnoticed. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Learning in the college will never be the same without a teacher like you. Here's to wishing a retirement that is filled with lots of fun and happiness. Goodbye and thank you for being my mentor!
- We join members of staff to appreciate the time and effort that you've put into the teaching profession for over twenty years. Here's to wishing a blissful retirement!
- Thanks so much for going above and beyond bringing out the best in us. Also, we'd like to promise that the lessons you have imparted unto us will be passed on to the coming generations. Congratulations on your retirement!
- If it weren't for your knowledge and teaching experience, our performance in academic discourse and sports activities wouldn't have been outstanding by now. As you retired, may God's endless blessings be upon you today and always. Goodbye!
- Words cannot describe how highly blessed we are for being among those who were trained during the time of an icon like you. Truly, we will miss your teaching skills! Here’s wishing you good health and fun retirement!
- The great difference you've made in our lives will remain forever in our hearts. Lots of love and best wishes to our retiring teacher and mentor.
- On your retirement, I'd like to express how proud I am to have met such a visionary and an achiever like you in the college. I wish you nothing but the best in the next stage of your life.
- Thank you for imparting the essential knowledge unto me to attain my goals and to overcome some difficulties that may likely come my way in the future. Congratulations on your retirement!
Sample Short Messages to Say When Someone Retires
- Now that you've retired, it's time to celebrate your meritorious years of service. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Best wishes to a friend, a mentor and a leader. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Retirement is the end of one phase of life and the beginning of another exciting chapter of life. Congratulations!
- I wish you a wonderful retirement filled with lots of fun and happiness.
- I wish you a happy retirement filled with joy, goodness, and prosperity.
- Lots of fun and happiness to a friend, a colleague, a leader, and a mentor. Happy retirement!
- I wish you good health and long life on retirement. I’ll miss you.
- I wish you good luck and pray that your future endeavors will be filled with exceedingly abundant blessings more than you can ever think of. Have a blissful retirement!
- May all your dreams and wishes come true! I wish you a happy retirement.
- Wishing you all the best because you deserve it. Please accept my hearty congratulations on your retirement!
- Happy retirement! I wanted to thank you for inspiring me to the top of the class. I wish you a blissful future.
- Accept my retirement well wishes as you move to another exciting stage of your life.
- Relax and enjoy life to the fullest. I wish you all the best!
Sample Messages for a Mentor Who Is Retiring from Work
- Dear Mentor, we commend your leadership style, dedication, and hard work. We pray that God will continue to bless and guide you through the years ahead. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Thank you for all the years of unselfish service to our great country and for leading by example. May you continue to find success wherever you may find yourself. Here's to wishing you a very happy retirement, awesome mentor!
- Majority of people have the notion that talented teachers like you are hard to find. I'm so excited having such a wonderful mentor like you around me. You're my role model ever since I joined the college, and for that I'm thankful. I look forward to a fulfilling future for you!
- You groomed us to be sound professionals and made learning in this great college an interesting and memorable experience. I wish you a happy retirement!
- As you begin a new chapter in your life, I pray God opens a new stage of opportunities and strengths for you. Congratulations on your retirement!
- We appreciate God for His Love, Compassion, and Grace upon your life. We'll think of you often, and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
- Happy retirement! I wish you all the best, my leader, mentor, motivator, and role model.
- We're so glad to celebrate your retirement party with you! Congratulations on your retirement!
- Happy retirement! You've always been good to me. I wish you nothing but the best and want to let you know that you're a good example to mankind!
- You have always been an outstanding and visionary teacher who dedicated his life to the service of our great country. Happy retirement to our amiable mentor!
- We laud your many achievements and years of hard work. Congratulations on your retirement!
- As you mark another important event in the journey of a most rewarding life today, here’s to wishing you the most rewarding retirement ever.
More Nice Things to Say to a Retiring Teacher and Mentor
- We salute you for your outstanding performance, you are indeed a colleague that is worthy of emulation. We wish you good health and long life. Congratulations on your retirement! We’ll miss you.
- We celebrate and share in your joy as you retire from work. You have been a fountain of inspiration to us. For your tenacity of purpose and exemplary leadership qualities, we salute you. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Today, we celebrate you, we appreciate you, we treasure you and we remain grateful to you for being a good mentor to us. Here’s wishing you lots of fun and happiness in the years ahead after your retirement.
- It’s indeed a great pleasure to share this special time with you. You are a tower of strength and knowledge. If the world can have more people like you, indeed the world would be a much better place to make a living. We are who we are today, much to your efforts in a team and as a leader. Goodbye and hope to see you again!
- Thank you for the knowledge that you have imparted unto me. Your love for success has no end. Thank you for being there for me. I will miss your kind words. Goodbye!
- The knowledge you have imparted unto us is a treasure that will remain forever in our hearts and we promise to pass it on to our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. May God grant you all your wishes as you retire from work!
- You are a blessing to this generation. May this new chapter in your life usher in long life, good health, and wisdom! Happy retirement!
- You have been an inspiration. As a teacher, your teaching skills have been exemplary. As a leader, your achievements have been remarkable. Here’s wishing you a happy retirement!
- We appreciate the good examples you have shown to us. May God in His infinite mercy grant you good health to continue the wonderful work! Happy retirement!
- Your life is worthy of emulation and we are proud to be associated with an industrious colleague like you. Have a blissful retirement!
- I hope that your retirement is full of fun and happiness and everything that you enjoy. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.
- Happy retirement to a motivator, a role model, and a quintessential tutor.
- By your God-fearing life and with your exemplary achievements, you have created an enduring path for us to follow. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Thank you so much for your altruism, guidance and useful advice. Here’s wishing you a joyous retirement!
- Achievers, inventive, productive, cheerful, generous, industrious, devoted, thoughtful, and proactive are few of your positive qualities that continue to inspire me. Thanks for your years of hard work and dedication. Congratulations on your retirement!
How to Write a Retirement Card
Follow the six steps below if you're having trouble figuring out what to write in a retirement card:
- A personal greeting: For example, “Dear [teacher’s name],”
- Describe your emotion about them. And it should be from the memories of the past you have shared with them.
- Acknowledge the innovation and knowledge the person had contributed to the teaching profession.
- Thank them and also wish them a blissful and rewarding life.
- Add a closing statement: For example, “congratulations on your retirement”, “happy retirement” or “best wishes for a joyous retirement”.
- Add your name at the bottom.
Funny and Inspirational Quotes for a Retired Person
- “When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income”. ― Chi Chi Rodriguez
- “As in all successful ventures, the foundation of a good retirement is planning”. ― Earl Nightingale
- “Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had the time before to notice the beauty of my grand kids, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself”. ― Hartman Jule
- "A retired husband is often a wife's full-time job." ― Ella Harris
- “Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache... unless you play golf”. ― Gene Perret
- “I'm not just retiring from the company, I'm also retiring from my stress, my commute, my alarm clock, and my iron”. ― Hartman Jule
- “Retire from work, but not from life”. ― M.K. Soni
"Retirement is wonderful. It's doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it". ― Gene Perret
- “There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it retirement. I call it bliss”. ― Betty Sullivan
“I'm retired - goodbye tension, hello pension”. ― Anonymous
Was any part of this article helpful to you?
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin