How Does the Kardashian Humphries Divorce Compare to Other Short Celebrity Marriages?
Celebrities who've been married even fewer than 72 days
Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from Kris Humphries after 72 days of marriage and a reportedly $10-$20 million wedding on August 20, 2011. While this time span may seem quite short, there have been celebrities for whom 72 days would've been a lifespan in comparison. Here is a list of celebrities who never even made it to 72 days of wedded bliss:
1. Drew Barrymore and Jeremy Thomas: When Drew Barrymore wed bar-owner Jeremy Thomas in March of 1994, their nuptials lasts only 19 days after the wedding.
2. Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds: In a marriage double-take, Eddie Murphy married Tracey Edmonds in January of 2008. Just 15 days later, the couple claimed that they had never been officially married.
3. Mario Lopez and Ali Landry: Actor Mario Lopez married Ali Landy in a no-holds barred Catholic Mass. Two weeks later, their annulment was posted.
4. Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra: After only 9 days of being married, Dennis filed for marriage annulment from his wife Carmen Electra. Interestingly, the pair did reconcile, only to re-divorce six months later.
5. Cher and Gregg Allman: Tying in with Rodman and Electra are Cher and rocker Gregg Allman, who 9 days after their marriage also filed for divorce. And, just like Rodman and Electra, the couple also reconciled briefly, but inevitably divorced after three years.
6. Michelle Phillips and Dennis Hopper: The singer Michelle Phillips married Dennis Hopper in 1970. Their marriage lasted 8 days with accusations going around that Hopper had sexual demands that Phillips could not fulfill.
7. Britney Spears and Jason Alexander: Clocking in at 55 hours, Britney and Jason married in Las Vegas in 2004. Just hours later, Britney's laywers were filing for annulment of the marriage, claiming that Britney "lacked understanding of her actions."
8. Zsa Zsa Gabor and Felipe de Alba: Zsa Zsa lasted one whole day with her eighth husband, Felipe de Alba. Claiming the man "bored" her, she was quick to annul the marriage she took to him in 1982. Keep in mind that this occurred before her divorce from her seventh husband, Michael O'Hara, was even finalized.
9. Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun: Although it might be argued that Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun were widowed rather than divorced, their marriage lasted only one day. The pair were married in the early morning of April 29, 1945, and they both committed suicide the next day.
10. The record holder: Jean Acker and Rudolph Valentino. Even back in the good ol' days of 1919, marriages could be quite short. Actress Jean Acker married Rudolph Valentino after a two-month courtship, then locked him out of their hotel room on their wedding night. The marriage lasted all of 6 hours and was never consummated.