How To Be A Good Boyfriend
I Got A Girlfriend
You have been out together a few times and you have impressed her so much that she now thinks of herself as your girlfriend. You log into facebook and notice that she has sent you a request to confirm that you are in a relationship with each other and with a cheesy grin on your face and a stifled scream of YES! you accept.
You are now in a relationship, it's official. Clear as day it is there for all of the world to see on both of your Facebook profiles that X is in a relationship with Y.
You may think that now that you are one of a couple that all of the hard work is over, but in reality if you want to keep the relationship thriving and stop her from looking elsewhere for affection then the hard work is only just beginning.
Give Her The Attention That She Deserves
The biggest mistake that many men make is that when they start to get close to a woman they also start to take her for granted, expecting her to be the perfect girlfriend without giving back anything in return.
Start off by complimenting how she looks. Chances are when she decided that she was coming to see you, she probably spent an age deciding what to wear, doing her makeup and styling her hair.
Women love compliments on how they look and dress and more importantly they love it if you notice something different about them such as a hair cut or a new pair of shoes.
"You look really beautiful today that dress really brings out the color of your eyes" shows that you have noticed her efforts.
Please And Thank You
A simple thank you goes a long way too, if she does something for you like makes you something to drink or eat, a smile and a thank-you shows that you appreciate what ever it is that she has done.
If you want her to do something for you like hold your jacket while you tie your shoe lace remember to ask first, don't assume that she will hold your jacket and throw it at her.
Chances are that if you just throw your jacket at her and shout "Hold this" she will just throw it straight back at you.
"Can you please hold my jacket for a second so that I can tie my shoelace?" and wait until she answers before you hand her the jacket.
Remember that once you have tied your shoelace to thank her when she hands your jacket back.
The Perfect Boyfriend
Be Her Knight In Shining Armor
Show Your Girlfriend Some Love
Make Her Feel Like A Lady
She is your girlfriend, the special lady in your life and you should treat her as such it really isn't all that difficult.
When she is getting into or out of your car open the door for her, carry her books or any shopping that she has bought, hold shop doors open for her, if she is cold offer her your coat.
You don't have to be a knight in shining armor but little things like that will be appreciated.
Respect Your Girlfriend
Girls have thoughts and feelings just the same a you do and they should be respected.
- Listen To Her, when she speaks to you give her your full attention. Look into her eyes and respond when a response is required.
- Be Honest, A relationship that is based on lies will never work. Tell her the truth from the start, if you are lying about yourself in the early stages of a relationship and she finds out the truth she will lose both respect and trust in you.
- Respect The Differences, between you and your girlfriend you are not the same in every way. She may like some things that you don't and will sometimes have a different opinion from yours. respect her opinions and her tastes as she does with you.
- Never Embarrass Her, Public humiliation is definitely out of the question. Bringing up a private quirk or making jokes at her expense in front of your friends or hers is degrading and a form of bullying. If you are angry with her at least give her the respect of waiting until you are alone together to discuss your concerns.
- Show Your Love, When you are out with her in public, hold her hand or put your arm around her waist. Only say good things about her to your friends and her friends. There is nothing worse in a relationship if your girlfriend thinks that you are embarrased by her or to be seen with her.
- Talk To Her, If something is bothering you or you don't agree with something that she has said or done tell her. She wont know how you feel until you say. Communication is important in any relationship if it is ever going to last.
- Be There For Her, through the good times and bad be her rock. The person that she turns to for support, when she needs someone to talk to, or just wants to be with someone.
- Have Fun, The couple who play together stay together, enjoy her company do things together and have fun together.
Love Your Girlfriend
You don't have to be perfect every second of everyday to impress your girlfriend, just show her the respect that she gives you, trust her and earn her trust, be honest and open with her and do not be afraid to show your feelings.
If you both work together and try to stay on the same page a long and happy future is there for both of you to grab hold of and embrace together.