How To Know When Your Relationship Is Getting Serious
Once you have met someone you really care about questions can start entering your heart as to whether this is the person of your dreams or not. As these questions keep flooding through your mind you begin to wonder whether the relationship will stand or if marriage could ever be on the cards.
Alternatively it may be the case you feel you are past the early stages of dating. You have been seeing your partner for some time and now feel ready to make the relationship more permanent but need to be sure the relationship is going somewhere. If this is the case you need to find out if the person is as devoted to the relationship as you are.
Below are some signs to look out for in helping to determine how dedicated you and the person you love are in taking your relationship to the next level.
1. You begin on a more consistent basis in conversation referring to each other as “we” rather using the term I.
2. Your partner becomes your sole focus. Life without them seems unimaginable as they slowly become the most important thing to you.
3. You forget about your needs wanting rather to find ways to please your partner.
4. You see yourself holding hands with your partner by the fireside, taking long walks in the countryside and growing old with your partner.
5. You daydream about the fun you will have with your children and the generations to come.
6. You re-evaluate your approach to money by becoming more conscious of your spending habits.
7. You suddenly realise you are spending more and more time with your partner and less time with your friends.
8. You begin to think about marriage more than before and the single life begins to depress.
9. It begins to matter to you that your families get on well with one another.
10. Increasingly you tend to discuss more about your goals and the future.
These points are not guaranteed to ensure a wedding ring is placed on your finger but rather to give you an indication that there is a desire to take the relationship to the next level.