- Gender and Relationships»
How to Identify and Avoid Psychic Vampires
Have you ever been walked into a room and suddenly felt drained of all life and energy? Chances are you were a victim of a psychic vampire. I'm not talking about the cape-wearing vampire wannabes out there. Psychic vampires are people who feed off of the energy of other, usually without being aware of their toxicity.
Psychic vampires are usually people with low self esteem, who need constant reassurance. They are usually unsatisfied in life, depressed and lacking in energy. These people demand our attention, our advice, knowledge and opinion, but in the process somehow succeed in taking more from you than they mean to.
Here are a few things that you can do to identify and protect yourself from these toxic energy suckers:
- A psychic vampire is constantly searching for something, be it advice, validation, or just a shoulder to cry on. Everybody has someone like this in their life. The kind of friend who only calls when they want something. These are the type of friends you should avoid. You may need to end a friendship, but you will find that you are happier and have more energy after ending this toxic relationship.
- When you walk into a room, pay attention to how you feel. If you suddenly feel depressed, or tired, there may be a psychic vampire in the room.
- Pay attention to how you feel as you spend time with friends and family. Are you losing energy, feeling ill, dizzy, tense, irritable? These are all signs of a psychic attack, and people who make you feel that way should be avoided.
- If you cannot walk away, this is going to sound really weird but it works, visualize yourself inside a large bubble of white light (the white light of the holy spirit), kind of like the one that Glinda appears with on The Wizard of Oz. This should shield you from further attack.
Psychic vampires are everywhere, but with a little bit of practice, you can learn not to become a victim of their attacks. It may make you seem a little mean, but keeping someone like this in your life will only make you feel worse. It's better fro you to get them out of your life.