- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
How to Deal With a Grumpy Husband During Traffic
Making the most in being trapped in traffic with a grumpy husband
Some people have very little patience with traffic. And some countries, like the Philippines, has traffic that can get horrendous. My husband hates traffic. It can get so bad that he gets REALLY GRUMPY and it can bring me down.
Being trapped with a grumpy husband in a car amid horrific traffic is no fun. My friend told me she usually keeps quiet so she won’t make things worse. Then when she gets home, she calls a friend to vent.
What does your partner do when you are stuck in traffic? Some partners sulk, make long, loud, deliberately within-your-notice sighs, others curse, and still others find ways to blame you for the traffic. Ok, sometimes they’re right, but what good will a blame game do at a time like this?
Boys Hitch a Free Ride on a Jeep
Tips to make a grumpy husband less grumpy
Here are some things I have done when my husband is grumpy because we are stuck in traffic:
1. Turn on his favorite music in the radio.
2. Tune out. Bring your mp3 and listen to your favorite music.
3. Gossip about something you know he is interested in. Gossip about your daughter and her boyfriend, or your daughter’s friends whom you both happen to know. That usually works.
4. Tell him to get car eyelashes for the car. Make him believe you really want it.
5. Very seriously recommend to him that he will look really hot if he has Steven Tyler hair.
6. Sing a squeaky version of Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You.” When I do this my husband agrees to anything I want, just to get me to stop.
7. Tell him your big, non-pregnant tummy (old people have that), is actually your third boob.
8. Tell him your third boob is similar to a third eye and it is sensitive to overwhelming presences.
9. Act grumpier. Then he will know he has to shape up or you will make his life hell.
10. Take a nap. If you’re not sleepy, pretend you’re taking a nap.
11..Entice him intellectually by telling him that traffic is a cultural experience.
I am adding a 12th option, but this is one that my sister who lives with her husband in the US does. I don’t know if it works in making her husband less grumpy, but I think it’s got zap.
11. Open your palm so that your five fingers are pointing at the traffic. Place your hand directly within the vision of your husband while he’s driving. He will understand that you are a witch with magic powers, and the traffic is actually moving because you are making them do so telekinetically.