50 Simple Ways to Impress the Woman You Like
Ways to Make a Good Impression
Making the right impression can be hard. You want to come off pleasant, mature, exciting, interesting, and stable. That’s a lot to communicate in short bursts of interactions.
My advice is to stay cool, calm, and collected. Too much nervous energy will make things awkward. Work on being your best self, so you can project a positive image of yourself. It’s easier to attract someone with honey than vinegar.
In this article, I’m offering you multiple tips so you can impress someone you like, whether you’re dating them or not. These are some friendly suggestions that can help you ace your communication.
Here are fifty tips on what you can do to authentically win her heart:
1. Listen. Have her talk about her past, her dreams, and everything here and in between. Pay attention so that you can figure out what matters most to her then later you can bring this information up, and she’ll recognize that you’ve taken the time to care. Also, this can help you to figure out the ultimate gifts to give her. If you realize she liked something from the past like a TV show or a certain book — those would be great items to buy her later.
2. Take the initiative. If you notice that the trash hasn’t been taken out, her vacuum cleaner needs to be cleaned, or her car is iced over — try helping out the busy lady. She’ll thank you, and remember what you did even if she doesn’t automatically express it.
3. Write her notes. Don’t write letters in full-out romantic mode until you’ve really caught her attention, but write her a note, draw her a picture, and say something quirky and memorable. Keep it lighthearted. Make it seem somewhat casual and yet flattering.
4. Avoid gushing about her best friends. She’ll notice if you have a crush on someone else. Don’t talk about other girls unless you want to confuse her. Make it clear if you consider someone else a friend.
5. Offer to make dessert food with her like cookies, or cake — something that can be baked. If you have no idea how to bake, try a few recipes from allrecipes.com. Baking is not that hard! If you practice… you’ll learn.
6. Learn some skills. Play an instrument whether the guitar, piano, saxophone — something. Guitars get somewhat overplayed in this arena, but being musical can tune her to your heart. Learn to sing!
7. Don’t mention ex-girlfriends (or ex-boyfriends!), instead put all of that in the past. Barely if ever mention that stuff. Don’t compare her to the past; that’s hurtful.
8. Learn a language; if she speaks a foreign language or more than one, learning her language will make her happy.
9. Read about the five love languages and figure out which one she aligns herself to the most: giving gifts, touch, words of affirmation, spending time together, and acts of service. Applying all of these can help!
10. Don’t talk about how much money you make or the size of your house or the cost of your car. Bragging about money can be a turnoff. She can probably figure out how much you make with some clues.
11. Avoid taking her on guy nights. She’ll think you see her as a friend. It might also be hard for her to talk about sports, beer, fishing, knives, and beards.
12. Be genuine. Women have a pretty good sense for figuring out whether a dude is a skirt chaser or not. If you keep using the same lines, expressions, etc… she will catch on.
13. Leave her flowers… secretly. A little bit of mystery will catch her curiosity.
14. Dress a notch above what you usually do. You probably need a wardrobe upgrade anyway. Ask yourself how well your clothes fit and how old they are.
15. Don’t talk about your lack of hygiene. A dealbreaker for many is bad hygiene.
16. Take her on adventures to obscure places in town whether graveyards, hikes, abandoned buildings, castles — something unusual.
17. Express emotion. Be comfortable with sharing details about your life. She’ll grasp that you have taken a liking to her if you share more personal details.
18. Let her wear your jacket. Don’t be dismayed if she refuses.
19. Touch her in appropriate and socially acceptable ways — like on the arm, shoulder, hugs, high fives, etc.
20. Be less about sex and more about emotions and commitment. Jumping in physically too soon lowers the chance of a successful relationship. The longer you can wait, the more likely you’ll stay together as you have focused more energy on how to communicate rather than… well… sex.
21. Help her with her studies. Don’t be a distraction, but really seriously help her. Don’t act as though you are smarter and greater than her. Offer to make notes, review flashcards with her, and keep her accountable to studying. Congratulate her if she succeeds, and encourage her if she fails.
22. Offer her some of your favorite books, movies, albums, etc. Before letting her borrow a copy, say why it means so much to you. This will frame her mind to remember you as she indulges in the artwork.
23. Respect her privacy. We all have certain public and private borders. If she doesn’t want to talk about something… then don’t force her. Be cool, calm, and collected. Give her space. Don’t pry.
24. Ask for her help. Don’t know how to do laundry, bake a cake, or use a certain piece of equipment? Let her be the expert.
25. Compliment her on genuine things you think are amazing. Do you love her creativity? Does she have a beautiful singing voice? Let her know.
26. Text her. Send her humorous messages. Don’t over-text her, and definitely don’t let her always be the one to initiate or she will question if you like her.
27. Open doors for her.
28. Say “thank you” often. It should be a reflex.
29. Laugh at her jokes. If you think something is funny, let her know.
30. Be comfortable being free-spirited.
31. Leave her word puzzles that you made.
32. Dance with her.
33. Sit next to her when you can during group activities.
34. Give her a hug goodbye and say that you’ll miss her.
35. Take her along on your trip of errands. Make the mundane seem fun.
36. Make a box and put cute messages inside.
37. Skip buying dinner… make her dinner.
38. If a guy is scaring her, help her to get away from him.
39. Avoid taking her to sketchy or raunchy locations. You’re trying to endear her!
40. Collect something outside in nature with her.
41. Run in the rain with her.
42. Buy/offer her chocolate.
43. Teach her something that’s special to you and explain why it’s special to you.
44. Be the best friend that you can possibly be. What is a relationship without friendship? Not something that will last…
45. Send her a reminder of a special moment you had with her, like a rock that was used when skipping stones at a lake. Put the rock in a box. Leave a note.
46. Project positive energy. Avoid anger, criticizing her, calling her names, neglecting her, hurting her, etc. Consider what you put into the friendship and how you act toward other people. If you are terrible with wait staff, she may take notice and think you’ll start treating her the same way.
47. Do not pressure her to be physical.
48. If she’s scared, don’t make fun of her. You should comfort her when she is anxious.
49. When you see potential danger, protect her first. If someone makes fun of her, stand up for her.
50. At the right moment, place her hair behind her ear.
What would melt your heart the most?
© 2013 Andrea Lawrence