- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
How to Pick Your Life Partner -Step one
STEP ONE: Who Can Find the Partner?
A lot of believers found their partner as they remained committed and dedicated to the work of God. A true life story that comes to mind is that of Betty who joined the sanitation department of the church and her duty post every service day was to keep the toilets always sparkling clean all through the service duration.
Betty was a bank executive in her early forties and still single but continued to do her work in church. One glorious service day, she was faithfully doing her work when she was approached by a readymade bachelor Mike who had monitored her commitment and the zeal with which she kept the toilets sparkling clean and thought to make her acquaintance.
The more Mike knew about her the more he was convinced that he had found his wife. Some months later, Betty and Mike got married in a very glorious wedding ceremony attended by so many church members some of who she had touched by her dedication to God’s work. Betty’s testimony made some single sisters in the same church to rush to join the sanitation department, perhaps they too could get married to a very wealthy and successful husband like Mike.
Within the first four weeks of this journey, we dealt with VISION & MARRIAGE. We looked at how to envision the marriage project, envision the life partner, the power of vision and creative thinking and finally the vision process of write, publish and wait. In this second stage, we will deal with how to actively find the man or woman we have visualized in stage one. The first question is who is qualified to find the life partner?
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. (Prov. 18:22, KJV)
Many versions of the Bible reads “He that findeth a good wife findeth a good thing” but we will use the above Original King James Version for this discuss; you will soon agree that I made the right choice. WHOSO (as found in Gen.9:6, Ps.50:23, etc) is the same in meaning and short form of “whosoever”. It means “anyone” and expresses free moral agency, personal and individual sovereignty of action; the action in this case is “to find the life partner”.
To elaborate the above line of thought that besides the man who is planning to get married, anyone can help find the life partner, we will take few examples from the Bible and our modern day testimonies below:
- 1. GOD IN PERSON: It is common knowledge that marriage is ordained by God for companionship (fellowship), procreation and to eradicate or reduce the sinful life of adultery. When He saw that man was lonely, He made the woman (Eve) and brought her to man (Adam). “And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, this is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh… Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (Gen.2:22-24).
God single handedly made a life partner for Adam and my prayer is that He will do same for you in Jesus name!
- 2. A MAN: Beside God who loves us more than we can ever love ourselves and knows what and who is the best for us, it is advisable that the man with the help of God find his own wife. Other men also can help find life partner for their fellow man, brother, son and friend. Judah as a man took a wife Tamar for his son Er (Gen.38:6).
In Gen 28:1-2, Isaac counselled his son Jacob on where to find life partner. Jacob found life partner for himself as he followed the father’s advice: “Leah was tender eyed; but Rachel was beautiful and well favoured. And Jacob loved Rachel; and said, I will serve thee seven years for Rachel thy younger daughter. And Laban said, it is better that I give her to thee, than that I should give her to another man: abide with me. And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her. And Jacob said unto Laban; Give me my wife, for my days are fulfilled, that I may go in unto her”. (Genesis 29:17-21)
- 3. A WOMAN: Hagar as a woman and mother brought wife for her son Ishmael (Gen21:21). Ruth a woman acting on the counsel of another woman Naomi, got married to Boaz. The foolishness of God is wiser than man; God is wiser than the wisest. Naomi in comparison to Ruth was older, wiser and more experienced in the issue of marriage and as regards the Jewish kinsman redemption law. She became the best judge and counsellor of the needs of Ruth, her Moabite daughter-in-law. She guided Ruth with her experience and wisdom.
“Then said she, Sit still, my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest, until he have finished the thing this day. (Ruth 3:18)
Ruth’s obedience to the counsel of an older, wiser and more experienced woman settled her into a marriage that put her in the privileged lineage of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ (Matt.1:5-16).
- 4. A SERVANT: Eliezer of Damascus was Abraham’s servant who brought wife for Isaac his master’s son. In Gen.24:2-4, Abraham sent the eldest, more committed, wiser and more experienced servant Eliezer and not one of his young and inexperienced servants to get a wife for Isaac. Abraham made him understand what was at stake by taking an oat and it was obvious the way he went about it that he was also s believer of Abraham’s God. Abraham prophesied God’s angelic assistance and the servant prayed for God’s kindness and favour to facilitate his success and God never disappointed them. (Gen.24:4)
- Father, thank you for your mercies & keeping me alive this 2015 in Jesus Name
- Thank you for the privilege to embark on this marriage/fruit of the womb project in Jesus Name
- Father, forgive me of every act of anxiety, double mindedness and haste in the past that is working against my marriage/child bearing desire in Jesus name.
- Father, as you did for Adam, please help me find my life partner this year in Jesus name.
- Father, let my enemies make mistakes that will make my heart desires come true this year in Jesus name
- This nonsense must stop, every evil eye monitoring and manipulating my heart desires, go blind in Jesus name.
- Lord, raise a man to recommend me for lifting (life partner, fruit of the womb, admission to tertiary institution, career promotion, etc.) this season in Jesus name. (1Sam. 16:18)
- Holy Spirit, provoke a divine recommendation that will connect me with my life partner this year in Jesus name.
- Father, destroy every embargo limiting my life partner from connecting to me by the blood of Jesus
- I break the hold of spirit spouse over my life partner/fruit of the womb now by fire, in Jesus name
- I decree and declare that this year 2015 is my year of transformation into my married status in Jesus name. (Job.22:28)