- Gender and Relationships»
How to greet people in Polish - How to say Hello and Goodbye.
Cześć (cheshch) -informal - means hello or hi.
Dzień dobry (jen-dohbrih) - means good day.
Jak się masz? (yahk-shyeh-mash) - means how are you or how are you doing.
Co słychać? (tzoh-swih-hach) -informal - is another way to say how are you, or what's up.
- Siema (shyeh-ma) -informal - is a way to say hey. It comes from jak się masz, mentioned above.
- Dobry wieczór (doh-brih vyeh-choor) - means good evening. As the name suggests, its only use is after about 7pm or so.
- Do widzenia! (doh-veedz-eh-nya) - means goodbye.
- Pa pa! (pah-pah)- is bye-bye.
- Pa! (pa) - is bye.
- Dobranoc (doh-bra-nohtz) - means good night, it's used only when saying goodbye, and only in the evening or night.
- Na razie (na-rah-zyeh) - informal - is an informal goodbye, sort of like see you later. It can also be shortened down to nara (nah-rah).