- Gender and Relationships»
- Advice & Tips for Men in Relationships
How to Know if Your Boyfriend or Husband Really Loves You or Not
How Do I Know if He Loves Me?
A friend of mine wanted me to write an article on how to know if your guy truly loves you. I have been asked this question several times and it is quite a difficult one to answer, as many guys are skillful at making girls believe that they are in love when they are not. But still, if you watch him carefully you may find signs to identify if your husband or boyfriend is in love with you or not. I am making an attempt to answer the following requests on this subject:
- How to know if my guy really loves me?
- How to know the true feelings of my boyfriend?
- Are there any clues to confirm that my man is in love with me?
- What are the symptoms for identifying that a guy is falling for me?
- How to know if my boyfriend is serious enough about me to want a committed relationship?
How to Know if a Guy Loves You?
Most men are quite skillful at relationships and may make you feel wonderful, leaving you overwhelmed by the feeling that he is in love with you even if he is actually faking it. To know if he is truly in love, pay proper attention to his behavior and body language. You may find some signs of his love and level of commitment.
He treats me like a queen: An acquaintance of mine said that her guy treats her like a queen and there is no way he would cheat behind her back. It is every woman’s dream to be treated like a queen. But the truth is that it is not a guarantee that he is really in love and not cheating. There can be many reasons a guy may be extra nice to you. Some of them can be:
- He has the money and he needs to spend it somewhere.
- He wants to keep a good image in front of you, his friends or his family.
- He is guilty that he is cheating on you.
- You give him what he wants so he rewards you with indulgences.
He says ‘I love you’ often: Men often exploit the emotional side of women by saying those three words or even convincing her that indeed he is in love with her. Many men use fake declarations of love to get sexual favors. The truth is if a guy says he is in love he will say it in many ways. Many things can reveal his feelings for you including the tone of his voice, the look in his eyes or his touch. So when he declares that he loves you, notice his behavioral patterns to discern how sincere your boyfriend is.
- Is he saying ‘I love you’ when he wants to have sex with you?
- Is he saying it as a response for your declaration of love?
- Does he normally say these words to everyone?
- Does he say ‘I love you’ when he is drunk?
- Does he declare his love even when you are not on good terms?
- Does he look into your eyes when he says it?
- Does he declare his love to you in front of his family or friends?
He says that he wants to marry me: Declarations of love and marriage are the tactics most used by guys to get women to bed. Most women are emotional fools and fall for these tricks. If a guy is indeed in love with you he should not have any problem making a commitment to you by putting a ring on your finger in front of his family and friends. He may even brag about you to his family and friends. Changing the topic or ignoring it when you want to discuss your future is not a positive sign of a healthy relationship. Take careful note of when he makes a promise for marriage.
- Does he promise marriage when he wants to get intimate with you or want sexual favors from you?
- Does he make ‘his world’ know that he and you are a couple or is he hiding you inside a closet?
- Does he have any solid plans about marriage?
- Does he promise to marry but keep on postponing it?
- Did you guys get engaged?
- Does he love to go out with you in public and introduce you to his friends and family?
He spends time with me regularly: This is a very positive sign when you are in a relationship. If your man is spending loads of time with you and finds excuses to spend time with you he may be serious about the relationship. Some guys may not be very comfortable expressing feelings of love, but they may spend every available opportunity with you because they love you. He may even share your favorite pastimes even though he does not like them as wants to be with you. He may even travel for an hour to steal a few moments with you. No matter how busy he is, he always has time for you and is always attentive to your needs and priorities. He takes an active interest in matters related to you including your habits and likings. When you are down he also becomes upset and puts in the effort to make you happy. You may also often catch him looking at you when you are around. If your man has excuses for not taking the time with you, beware. If he goes out of his way to do things for you, that is a very positive sign of a good relationship. Here are certain signs you can watch out for:
- Is he happy when spending time with you? Does he smile often?
- Is he spending time with you because otherwise you would nag?
- Is he spending time with you because he wants sex?
- Does he spend time with you out in public too?
- Does he frown often when spending time with you?
- Does he at least call and talk to you for some time when he cannot see you?
- Does he have eyes only for you when he is with you?
He is full of praises for me: If a guy compliments a girl it is often a positive sign. If he tells you how he loves your smile or the way you are in all probability he adores you! You can take his compliments seriously if they are genuine reasons why he is attracted to you. But when he says that you are like Miss World when you are obese, be sure that when he he gets what he wants he wont even spare you a second look. Go ahead and check:
- Is there something he wants from me? It can be anything including sex, money or a promotion.
- Is he a seasoned flirt? Does he behave with every girl in the same manner?
We talk a lot: Communication is a very positive sign in a relationship. If your boyfriend is concerned about you and is always asking about your life and interests and talking about his likes, life or passions then it is a sign that he may be interested in you. A man who is involved in his relationship will always find an excuse to call you or be with you, be it to share a thought, or ask your opinion or because he misses you. If the guy is even nice to your friends and family and has positive interactions with them it is a positive sign that he cares about the people you care for. If a guy gives more importance to his friends or work even if you are sick or in need then he may not be interested. If he only talks about himself or does not communicate regularly then he is not the right guy to be with. There are several reasons why a woman may dump a man, and this is a very valid one. However, you can analyze some behavioral patterns to decide on how well you communicate.
- After you have had a fight, do you sit down and resolve the problem or do you ignore it?
- Do you know what your guy is doing and where he is most of the time?
- Does he share everything openly with you?
- Do you communicate regularly by whatever method it takes, be it in person, by mail or by phone?
- Does he still talk to you like normal even after you have refused to sleep with him or he does he take his time to call you again?
- Does he break up or threaten to part ways with you after you refuse to sleep with him?
- How does he behave or talk when he is angry at you? This is the time to watch out and be ready to face the truth.
He buys me gifts and remembers special occasions: Men are not very good at remembering dates. But if he is in love he will not forget any special occasion. If your boyfriend does not remember your birthday, your anniversary or Valentine's Day and gives you a thoughtless gift, rest assured that he does not care for you. Sometimes bad gifts are tolerated by women, but getting no gift is not forgivable, especially if he keeps on declaring his love. If a guy is all talk about keeping you in diamonds, wanting to go on a trip with you, or wanting to make money for you but cannot get you a gift on a special day then he is not for you. If he adores you he will remember even the tiny details about you. If he has a bad memory he will write it down in his diary or put it in his mobile so that he won’t forget a special day and makes all efforts to make the day memorable for his girl. Men in love with women will not let important events pass without celebrating them. A man in love is a doer and not just a talker. You can check his behavior.
- Is he all talk about what he wants to buy you or how he wants to spend time with you but does not do anything about it? If so, he is probably the wrong guy.
- Does he remember special occasions on his own or do you need to remind him?
- He gets you gifts because otherwise you would nag.
- What are his choices of gifts? Are they impersonal or picked up at the last minute or did he take his time out for choosing a nice gift for you. Or did he have a secretary or friend to shop for a gift for you?
To sum it up, If you want to know whether your husband or boyfriend loves you, you need to listen to your gut feeling. You can make out if a person loves you from the special shine in his eyes when he is with you. You should also be feeling positive vibes when he is around you or when he touches you. If you are miserable and suffering in the relationship and do not feel comfortable or secure with him then he is not the guy for you. If your guy is committed to you, treats you special and makes you feel comfortable and secure then in all probability he is in love with you and not faking it.
More Hubs on Relationships
- How to be a Good Girlfriend to Your Boyfriend
You have got the man of your dreams. Now it is your turn to appreciate his presence in your life by being a good girlfriend.
- How to Get Your Guy Hooked to You Forever
We all want or Mister Right to hooked to us forever, but that does not always happen. Having a man like you is one thing but how to keep a man interested in you forever is another thing.